Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota has plans to expand the GR brand to multiple vehicles in its lineup.

The filed trademark applications in Australia for the following cars:

GR Corolla:
Trade Mark 2076261 | IP Australia | Trade Mark Search

C-HR GR-Sport:
Trade Mark 2076262 | IP Australia | Trade Mark Search

C-HR GR-S:
Trade Mark 2076263 | IP Australia | Trade Mark Search

The GR Corolla makes a lot of sense and I'm glad to see Toyota making a sporty compact sedan like the Civic SI. But I'm a bit surprised to see the GR name being attached to the C-HR.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. the C-HR is a dud.

GR Corolla could actually be decent... if they do it properly.
If Toyota can work the same magic they used on the Yaris for the Corolla I think it'll be fantastic.

As for the C-HR, all I can think of is the "Nismo" version of the Nissan Juke...

·
Registered
60 Posts
The GR-S Corolla is Toyota's answer to the Civic Type-R. Toyota is really focusing on improving its image with sporty models to increase overall brand desirability and lower the average age of its customers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GR-S Corolla is Toyota's answer to the Civic Type-R. Toyota is really focusing on improving its image with sporty models to increase overall brand desirability and lower the average age of its customers.
I really hope it can be a true rival to the Civic Type-R. Toyota has the resources to pull it off, but they need to execute properly. They stumbled with the Supra but they seem to be on track with the Yaris.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I really don't see it being a Civic Type R rival, but maybe. If it was Corolla hatch based!

·
Registered
60 Posts
It looks like Australian media have already reached out to Toyota for comment.

"We have no announcements today on the introduction to Australia of 'GR Corolla', 'C-HR GR-Sport' and 'C-HR GR-S', except to say that we would not rule any of these out for Australia," a Toyota spokesperson told CarAdvice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The PR folks NEVER say anything useful. They just repeat a corporate line. Why eve bother talking to them....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts