Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 50k inspection done and it called for new brake fluid, new pads, oil change and alignment.

Now my flippin brakes do not work. They pulsate when I stop and the rear brakes are squealing. I took it back to the dealership and the tech is intimating that I may need new rotors. All 50k miles are highway and I have never raced the car. This is hogwash yes?

Thx for any insight,

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just had my 50k inspection done and it called for new brake fluid, new pads, oil change and alignment.

Now my flippin brakes do not work. They pulsate when I stop and the rear brakes are squealing. I took it back to the dealership and the tech is intimating that I may need new rotors. All 50k miles are highway and I have never raced the car. This is hogwash yes?

Thx for any insight,
Is the technician able to show you what's going on with the brakes? For stuff like this I like to see it myself before making a decision.

·
Registered
20 Posts
May not be hogwash. Honestly oem rotors for the BRZ just not good. And it's ideal that when you replace pads you replace the brake fluid. It's real old school to say that "unless you have a leak you'll have enough brake fluid you're good." Old fluid gets a "spongy" feel after a few years and it becomes less efficient. I think at 55k, I replaced my pads, my rotors, and I replaced my fluid with Motul 5.1 synthetic and after that was all done, my brake system is way way more efficient than stock. If you take off your tire you can get a pretty good idea as to what's going on, or remove the calliper too. When I removed my rotors they were rusted to $h!t. And I babied, and still baby my car it was honestly disappointing to see that.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Thx for any insight,
Almost always pulsating brakes are caused by uneven friction between the pads and the rotors. For whatever reason they cannot make an even connection.

If you have just had your brake pads replaced, and now its doing this, then it sounds sus to me.

You could call into a different mechanic and ask them to check them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts