1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Toyota is officially going all in with EV’s. Lexus about to become a pure EV company by 2030-2035. They showcased a bunch of EVs going to be released including the LFA successor, MR2ish ev and even a FJ like ev suv.

View attachment 3280
View attachment 3281
View attachment 3282
Some good looking cars there…
If they ever can make a <3000lbs electric sportscar with >280 mile range that charges in 20 minutes I’d be interested. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’ll produce something like that in 6 years from now.

·
Registered
119 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
All great looking cars, but at the risk of being a too pessimistic, I'll wait to actually see a production model before I get excited on any of those.
The optimistic things is that all of these look pretty much production ready. the question is whether the accountants will green light all of these. Toyota could sell a lot of the pickups, the FJ, and the smaller crossovers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The optimistic things is that all of these look pretty much production ready. the question is whether the accountants will green light all of these. Toyota could sell a lot of the pickups, the FJ, and the smaller crossovers.
None of them except for maybe what looks to be the Pickup/FJ look very close to production ready to me with the MR2 looking the least production ready.

I honestly hope I am wrong and that I am just not used to the look of EVs. Especially since, oddly enough, most concept cars to date looked more like EV versions before they were updated to production models. So hopefully with EVs, maybe they will look much more like their concept cars due to how EVs don't require an ICE taking up space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts