Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't tell if they just copied the performance package price and information from the current BRZ of if this is actually offered with the new one. I really hope so, I like the looks of the brembos and I've heard the Sache dampers are a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That would be nice to have the option. Although I didn't care for the PP too much. The Sachs dampers made the front too bouncy, and the brakes felt the same as the standard brakes, I was expecting better feedback from solid calipers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be nice to have the option. Although I didn't care for the PP too much. The Sachs dampers made the front too bouncy, and the brakes felt the same as the standard brakes, I was expecting better feedback from solid calipers.
Ii never drove a car with the Sachs, so I can't say. But I like the brakes, but honestly mostly because I like the looks of brembos, bit silly, but I just like them lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gotta be honest with you it’s probably better down the road to get a base car and do all the suspension and big brake kits yourself if you are gonna track the car. Especially if you plan to boost it down the road (hopefully super charger is still a possible mod on this new engine)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotta be honest with you it’s probably better down the road to get a base car and do all the suspension and big brake kits yourself if you are gonna track the car. Especially if you plan to boost it down the road (hopefully super charger is still a possible mod on this new engine)
You're probably right. I'm hoping that as well, though the high compression ratio is going to limit boost compared to last Gen I think. People with access to e85 will have even a bigger advantage. There is none around me unless I order a barrel of it lol. But I'm hoping 93 pump and a SC will get it 300hp without much else.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Totally agree. The base car alone is already a massive upgrade from the outgoing one and a stronger rival to everything else on the market like it. What brands would you prefer to source parts from?

·
Registered
234 Posts
That does seem like the best way to go if you want to have a purpose built track car. Though if you're going to be more casual about it the performance package should be fine to have a good time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts