Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sketch Monkey takes a look at the new BRZ and according to him the problem with the BRZ is with the back end and rear quarter panels.

Based on the changes he made it seems like it's more nitpicking but it's interesting to hear his thinking with the BRZ's body lines.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well-He has a right to his opinion. I do find the line he mentions off the front wheel interesting and I like it. However I think it is a bit of a Mustang cliche as it seems to have a similar line. The line heading down on the rear fender I think is supposed to pick up on the cladding outlining the rear door edge. So moving that up to join the extended line on the door takes it away from that lower cladding which I think it was intended to do. I like this on the actual car. I think on his drawing he is "Americanizing" the car. This is a Japanese car and I think the slashes have meaning and maybe based on Japanese calligraphy which I happen to like.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well-He has a right to his opinion. I do find the line he mentions off the front wheel interesting and I like it. However I think it is a bit of a Mustang cliche as it seems to have a similar line. The line heading down on the rear fender I think is supposed to pick up on the cladding outlining the rear door edge. So moving that up to join the extended line on the door takes it away from that lower cladding which I think it was intended to do. I like this on the actual car. I think on his drawing he is "Americanizing" the car. This is a Japanese car and I think the slashes have meaning and maybe based on Japanese calligraphy which I happen to like.
Yeah I agree, extending the body line from the fender to the door makes the car look boxier to me which is not what the car should be.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Not a fan of the fender changes. It makes the front end look too busy and out of place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts