Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I kind of agree with the article and I'm an advocate for the MKV for the most part
Yep totally more of a Toyota.

The asin gearbox was from part of Toyota supply chain, Subaru don't have contracts with them for other cars. The body design of both versions was Toyota (apart from the front of course)

The concept of the car was Toyota, as in Toyota 'specified' the parameters of the car, and while so much work and design was done by subaru, unlike the BMW, this car would not of been built without Toyota.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure how you can test for how much 'toyota' is in the car :)
May sound weird but to me Toyota's always had character to them, some type of quirk that makes it a fun car but maybe at the cost of something. Lexus "F" models are heavier and not as fast as the competition but the sound and dynamics are perfect for street use. Having owned a 86, their main quirk was the engine. Didn't sound great/perform the best but the handling and shift feel was top tier. Supra almost feels too refined.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Today Track bRed is my number one colour. Tomorrow? Who knows. I am more concerned about the price that Toyota will charge in my country.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Today Track bRed is my number one colour. Tomorrow? Who knows. I am more concerned about the price that Toyota will charge in my country.
Me too! In Portugal the mustang ecoboost costed 54k if I'm not mistaken and it's no longer sold probably because nobody bought it. If the gr86 ends up costing the same (I'm saying this because it has a similar sized engine) I don't see myself buying it, especially when I can get an m2 competition for that money (I know it's heavier but it's still a really good car in my opinion)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts