Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
Here's a somewhat related question, when you close the door from the outside, where do u push on? I use my left hand, thumb lightly on side edge of door with my index and middle fingers on the belt moulding. At first I just wanted to keep finger prints off the paint, next thing you know It became the most natural for me lol 馃槄

Registered
Here's a somewhat related question, when you close the door from the outside, where do u push on? I use my left hand, thumb lightly on side edge of door with my index and middle fingers on the belt moulding. At first I just wanted to keep finger prints off the paint, next thing you know It became the most natural for me lol 馃槄
I use the back of my hand, the bottom of a closed fist or 1 finger. I do wash it and wipe it pretty often. Finger prints show reall nice in this bright red paint

Registered
Fingers only on the window molding.

Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
I use the back of my hand, the bottom of a closed fist or 1 finger. I do wash it and wipe it pretty often. Finger prints show reall nice in this bright red paint
They show up real good on Trueno blue too.

Fingers only on the window molding.
So very similar to me haha, my thumb on the side of the door is just for stability.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found that out too. I would be concerned about wear over time. If you pull on the cup holder it flexes. Do that 1000 times and maybe nothing. Do it enough and it will crack. I am gonna lean that extra 3 inches to grab the door.
I noticed the flex too. I would not do this if the car was leaning left and the weight of the door needed to be overcome. It seems like it's a handle due to the ridges inside. I would normally expect there to be kind of a sharp mold parting line behind there, but it's pretty comfortable for fingers.

I close the door from outside with the door handle and give a tap on the lock sensor backhand with my fingertips.

Registered
I also use the window trim to shut the door from the outside.

For anyone worried about wearing the cup holder out it just like the actual handle is integrated into the door card so they should both be as durable as the other. Personally I dont mind reaching a bit farther for the handle but I can see folks with a bad back preferring the cup holder.
EDIT: I'm wrong on that point. I just pulled the door cards loose to replace speakers and the actual door handles are mounted more securely with a small bracket that attaches them directly to the door. I should have known this as its the typical method on most cars.

The real trunk handle for me is the flat spot at the top of the latch
Hood Automotive tire Wood Bumper Motor vehicle

Registered
Door. I push against the bottom part of the door window glass to close when outside.
Door. I pull the door handle to close when inside (it becomes muscle memory soon and the slight stretch doesnt bother me any more).
Bootlid. I push on the top of the "fake lights strip" (the flat horizontal area at the extreme sides, nearer to the real lights) to close when outside.
Bootlid. I never needed to close when inside.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts