Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
I watched that yesterday. Great video, well made.

I had an 86 originally and considering I have had 32 cars and 5 motorcycles in my 44 years of having a license, the 86 I actually kept for 3 1/2 years which I am sure you can do the math and see that is twice the time of the next car behind it in terms of how long I kept it. I went BRZ this time around initially because Toyota couldn't get their act together and even release Australian pricing. I would have bought a 2nd 86 at the time, but it was essentially the same car, so I experimented with a MX5 and Mustang, but they are crap in comparison to the 86/BRZ. I care more about handling than straight line speed and I want to be able to have more than just my lunch in the boot.

From what I have seen/heard/read I think I will be happier with the BRZ anyway with the way the handling varies (suspension set up) and I don't care about the front grill.. I can't see it while I am driving anyway.
The BRZ looks great from all the dealer photos in Japan.

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It does look a bit more Porsche style with the BRZ. Its that body work going over the front and down, where the GR86 comes to a point. I think they are both great.

Also, being this rare thing in that the cars are twins, you can mix and match how you want. It will be a heck of a lot easier to swap a front bumper than it is to swap the suspension though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
For the record I always thought the BRZ looked nice. I just think it was funny watching some people say the 86 is a “better performing” car based off of name and front bumper.
It's because the 86 has the GR badge on the grill. That adds an instant +30hp. If Subaru had put the STi badge on the car they would have had the upper hand again, as that adds +50hp.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts