Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Gives me goosebumps. STi’s new Super GT race car looks insane, you can really tell how passionate they are about the car. All those BRZ guys should be proud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny to me that they never mention Toyota. I know it's Subaru's marketing video, but the making of the BRZ w/o Toyota is like telling the Making of the Beatles and not mentioning Paul.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Funny to me that they never mention Toyota. I know it's Subaru's marketing video, but the making of the BRZ w/o Toyota is like telling the Making of the Beatles and not mentioning Paul.
Toyota didn’t do a whole lot this time around anyways

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neither of them really mention each other in this kind of content.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
264 Posts
For the record I always thought the BRZ looked nice. I just think it was funny watching some people saying the 86 is a “better performing” car based off of name and front bumper.
Both are good, The BRZ with the STi lip looks real good. I just like the 86 design better. Yeah I don't know how the 86 design is "better performing" lol.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Both are good, The BRZ with the STi lip looks real good. I just like the 86 design better. Yeah I don't know how the 86 design is "better performing" lol.
I get people are excited but yeah some of the claims are ridiculous. Considering the car is mostly a Subie anyways and at the the end of it’s lifecycle it will eventually get what the BRZ has now, you can kind of say the BRZ is “better” from an actual performance perspective in a way.

everything until then is just preference

·
Registered
25 Posts
I watched that yesterday. Great video, well made.

I had an 86 originally and considering I have had 32 cars and 5 motorcycles in my 44 years of having a license, the 86 I actually kept for 3 1/2 years which I am sure you can do the math and see that is twice the time of the next car behind it in terms of how long I kept it. I went BRZ this time around initially because Toyota couldn't get their act together and even release Australian pricing. I would have bought a 2nd 86 at the time, but it was essentially the same car, so I experimented with a MX5 and Mustang, but they are crap in comparison to the 86/BRZ. I care more about handling than straight line speed and I want to be able to have more than just my lunch in the boot.

From what I have seen/heard/read I think I will be happier with the BRZ anyway with the way the handling varies (suspension set up) and I don't care about the front grill.. I can't see it while I am driving anyway.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts