Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mainly because of price and availabilty at the time. The main things that checked the boxes for me was price, color and automatic. Whether it was base or premium didnt matter much, especially since there is no difference in engines. In addition I can easily add the oem spoiler for $400, and I actually prefer the base aluminum wheels over the 18" black premium wheels. So there was really nothing on the premium that would've been a deal breaker for me personally
Oh I see! I got the chance to buy a premium first over a base and never really got an opportunity to see one in AT. As a fellow AT owner (we seem to be the minority lol), I'm excited to see your tuning journey! I'm planning on getting the cusco strut and sway bar as well as an invidia n1 exhaust. I've heard the stock shocks for AT are worse than MT so I'm considering changing out those as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes! That's also why I got the AT, and also since I live with my family, they gotta be able to drive the car too XD. This is my first car that makes sense to mod (had a Scion xD, Tc, Elantra Sport, and C-HR) and I'm similarly keeping mine mainly stock for a bit before touching the exhaust and suspension, but the aesthetics are definitely tune-able right now. Have you thought about smoking out the lights? There's several kits to smoke out the rear lights and I've already got one on the way lol. I'm gonna vvivid wrap the headlights too! There's also universal heart halos that I want to put in but I'm not sure if they'd fit :unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts