Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
GR86 6AT. Halo White pearl
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings! My name is Bo, and I am starting this build thread because I plan to document my experience with this car being my very first sports car. This will mainly be my daily commuter, and since I live on the east coast in Maryland, we get all types of weather conditions, so Im looking forward to see how this performs in snow/icy conditions

In addition, I plan to take out 1 or 2 HPDE track days, however I will be consulting with my dealer regarding the Oil Pickup RTV issue, and have them inspect that first before I decide to do any sort of HPDE event

YouTube: Fujibo Heavy
I also have a small YouTube channel, and I plan to post my experiences and reviews on the car itself and related products

Instagram: fujibo6zn8
Will post anything related to this build on the IG page

Introduction Video: Fuijbo 6 reveal on 8/6 for the GR86

Car Details:
2022 Toyota GR86 (Base)
Halo White
6AT
Picked up 7/23/22 with 6 miles
Engine Oil Preference: Idemitsu Synthetic 0W20

Current Mods: Stock

Future Plans:
Exterior:

• Tint
  • OEM Duckbill spoiler
Suspension:
  • Tein H Tech Lowering Springs
  • Cusco Front Strut Bar
  • Cusco Rear Sway Bar
Brakes:
  • ATE Type 200 DOT4 Brake Fluid
  • Carbotech Brake Pads
Wheels + Tires:
  • Continental DSW06 Tires 225/45/17
  • Wheels? Not sure yet. Im happy with the 17" base wheels
Engine:
  • Borla or AWE Catback Exhaust

Here are the photos as she sits as of 8/2/22:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello! I have a gr86 premium AT in steel and was just wondering what made you choose the base over the premium model?
Mainly because of price and availabilty at the time. The main things that checked the boxes for me was price, color and automatic. Whether it was base or premium didnt matter much, especially since there is no difference in engines. In addition I can easily add the oem spoiler for $400, and I actually prefer the base aluminum wheels over the 18" black premium wheels. So there was really nothing on the premium that would've been a deal breaker for me personally

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh I see! I got the chance to buy a premium first over a base and never really got an opportunity to see one in AT. As a fellow AT owner (we seem to be the minority lol), I'm excited to see your tuning journey! I'm planning on getting the cusco strut and sway bar as well as an invidia n1 exhaust. I've heard the stock shocks for AT are worse than MT so I'm considering changing out those as well.
Nice man! Sounds like you have a solid plan! But, yea, it honestly comes down to personal preference and what you want. I preferred auto because it would be my main commuter, and im a sucker for white, so it was fate this car popped up when it did lol. I will soley focus on aesthetics and suspension mods until powertrain warranty expires, but I would like to take this out on HPDE in stock form so I can compare how each suspension mod affects the car feel

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes! That's also why I got the AT, and also since I live with my family, they gotta be able to drive the car too XD. This is my first car that makes sense to mod (had a Scion xD, Tc, Elantra Sport, and C-HR) and I'm similarly keeping mine mainly stock for a bit before touching the exhaust and suspension, but the aesthetics are definitely tune-able right now. Have you thought about smoking out the lights? There's several kits to smoke out the rear lights and I've already got one on the way lol. I'm gonna vvivid wrap the headlights too! There's also universal heart halos that I want to put in but I'm not sure if they'd fit :unsure:
Nice man. Yea the tail lights are great right now, but I really love these AVEST tail lamps from Japan. They're like $600 lol, so hopefully they will be cheaper in couple years

More in depth vid on the Avest Tail lamps

Other than that, im very happy with oem lighting 😎

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just completed very first Oil Change/Filter and swapped out to the Fumoto Oil Drain Valve!

Question to other GR86 Owners:
I had to put in about 5.6qts to reach FULL level. Manual suggests 5.3qts. Curious if anyone else has experienced or noticed this?

OIl: Idemitsu 0W-20
Oil Filter: OEM
Oil Bolt: Upgraded to Fumoto

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts