Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Toyota GR 86, Pavement Grey, Premium, MT
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let see them. I am not as young as most of you here but cars come and go. When I accepted a job in Santa Monica CA well let's just say a few years ago. I decided to let this car go. One of my worst regrets ever. It was a barn find. Had 36,000 miles on it and almost 100% stock. Except for the wheels and a few small things.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Sold my other two Camaro's a 67' and a 68' to buy her. Loved this Z28!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I didn't sell it, but I regret it. My dad sold his early '57 Corvette with two 4-bbl 283 @ 270 HP with 3-speed (4-speed not yet offered) and 4.10 Positraction rear axle. He sold it because he and my mom just had their first baby...me. 👶

·
Registered
119 Posts
I miss my rx8. Crappy gas mileage and no torque, but the handling was superb. And ringing out the rotary to redline always brought a smile on my face. I’m really hoping the brz will bring the same sensation
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
‘22 GR86 Trueno base 6AT
27 Posts
2000 SAAB 9-5 Aero , black with Klingon wheels
Fast, smooth, great handling, wonderful ergonomics, quiet inside, A/C and heated seats, and FAST

i will NEVER forgive GM for cheapening and killing the brand.

for comparison, look what Geely ownership has done for Volvo, look what TATA ownership has done for Land Rover and Jaguar , the lesson is invest and let them so what they do best, as opposed to GM, turn everything into a bland cheap Chevrolet

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn... Painful to post but this was my baby and I regret selling it... 😢
But had to... I couldn't fix the trans.
Its good to move on from some cars but I didn't have enough time with her if I'll be honest.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

And then there were 2...
The 2020 Hyundai Veloster N was my latest car and honestly I would NOT have sold it last year if it wasn't for the FWD and the very clunky manual.
These cars are amazing but I think I got a bad lemon. Gear sometimes didn't want to go into 1 and I had to double clutch while standing still just to get it in gear. Not sure why this was the case it was literally brand new. I was the first owner. Beautiful car that is the same price as the GR86 Premium manual...
BUT THIS CAR CAME WITH SO MUCH MORE STUFF including a VALVETRONIC EXHAUST :cry: Pops 'n' bangs every time I hit over 4k RPM...STOCK... :(
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

·
Registered
403 Posts
I take it back, this one might hurt the most. This is my all time favorite model of the STI. Watching Pastrana and the entirety of Subie rally.
Big same, I traded in a 2011 WRX for this STI because it was my dream car. I'd entered raffles to win one, I'd had 2 WRXs, I'd driven a few, I loved watching Subaru win rally after rally in these things. Man let me tell you when I finally got in it and called it "mine", that was the best feeling ever. Eventually the head gasket started leaking coolant into the timing belt area and I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I tried to sell the car, but ended up giving it back to the bank, a really bad idea, but a learning experience for sure.

·
Registered
'22 GR86 | Premium | 6MT | Steel Grey
194 Posts

Easily the car I miss the most and it spoiled me for all future cars. The cat gave out on the way to Vegas, couldn't replace it with a California cat easily, so I sold it up there (and made some money) after driving it for several years, thinking it was time for a change. The next car was a Subaru Legacy GT wagon (automatic unfortunately), and that's when I really learned what Subaru reliability was (unfortunately), despite it being completely stock.

Additional regret? I bought a full underbody brace, the length of the wheel base and full width of the chassis and that made it just rigid enough without having to resort to a hardtop for $3k for NVH. That bracing fixed a ton of it. Even after a lottery win, I'd get one back.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

And yes, I also miss my N/A Gen II. I loved that it was the lighter-weight version compared to the turbo. I even met some SCCA champ who was selling parts off Miracle Mile to upgrade brakes, suspension, anti-roll bars.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
BRZ Premium Manual due for delivery in Dec. 2022
57 Posts
It was 1972 and some how my parents and I found this yellow two door for me to have as my first car. The salesman, who had sold my parents their station wagon was as clueless as we were as to what we were buying. $500.00 plus tax.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Turns out that it was one of only 160 made with a special factory performance package. Never found out until decades later, after I had let it go. I've never had a car that performed like it, not even my 'vette.

Hemmings Dart Charger

I loved that car. But it was the 70's, and when a '60s car gets over 100,000 miles on it, it was considered to be on borrowed time.13 mpg average and when the '73 gas shortage hit, it tripled the price of gas. If I had known, being a teenager, I still would not have been able to keep it. Probably better I didn't.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Easily the car I miss the most and it spoiled me for all future cars. The cat gave out on the way to Vegas, couldn't replace it with a California cat easily, so I sold it up there (and made some money) after driving it for several years, thinking it was time for a change. The next car was a Subaru Legacy GT wagon (automatic unfortunately), and that's when I really learned what Subaru reliability was (unfortunately), despite it being completely stock.
subaru reliability? So the new twins are not reliable at all?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts