Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been able to get a test drive at a dealer?

I had one scheduled, but on my way they tell me their new policy is no test drives. They only have one car. What bs.

I plan to order one but want to drive it first.

I'm in NJ. Thanks.

·
Registered
'22 black BRZ Limited; 6spd m/t
21 Posts
Although I agree with you that not being able to test drive a potential new car is pretty ridiculous, it does seem this practice has become the norm at least in my area for enthusiast cars in the past few years when the car is brand new arriving at dealers. This was my experience when I was looking at separate times trying to buy a new Focus RS, Shelby GT350, Mk5 Supra. Putting down a $500 refundable deposit allowed me to test drive the new brz though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Although I agree with you that not being able to test drive a potential new car is pretty ridiculous, it does seem this practice has become the norm at least in my area for enthusiast cars in the past few years when the car is brand new arriving at dealers. This was my experience when I was looking at separate times trying to buy a new Focus RS, Shelby GT350, Mk5 Supra. Putting down a $500 refundable deposit allowed me to test drive the new brz though.
That’s because you have people trying to joyride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a test drive being setup for January sometime, hopefully when the roads are clear again. I finally sat in one today, definitely getting one, 100% now. Getting in was a bit awkward but getting out was easier so Im pretty happy. Fitting in there with a helmet, will be.......problematic lol. Going to have to get creative for that one. Super excited for this car, can't wait to take ownership and start learning the handling over the winter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got a test drive at another dealer. But they were asking 5k over msrp. Lol.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ Limited
2 Posts
There is a ‘22 Limited Automatic Ice Silver Metallic at Fred Beans Subaru Doylestown PA available for a test drive. Selling at MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ, Ice Silver, MT, Limited
98 Posts
Anyone been able to get a test drive at a dealer?

I had one scheduled, but on my way they tell me their new policy is no test drives. They only have one car. What bs.

I plan to order one but want to drive it first.

I'm in NJ. Thanks.
Interesting - my BRZ is ordered and will be here early spring 2022(upstate, NY) but this same dealer is where my daughter bought her Crosstrek a few months ago. She was able to test drive one because this dealer told us that Subaru was more or less forcing dealers to keep at least one example of each car available for test drives. So, they had a Crosstrek, Forester, etc. No BRZ at that time but I believe they have the same policy still. Maybe its a dealer to dealer thing? Either way, she was shopping Honda and some other brands but ONLY Subaru had a car for her to test drive. So, she bought it. ;)

I was told I can test drive the car I ordered before taking it which I will.

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
84 Posts
I will say, I would not buy a brand new enthusiast car, especially manual, if it had been driven by other people. The people who do PDI are bad enough as it is.

·
Registered
2022 BRZ, Ice Silver, MT, Limited
98 Posts
I will say, I would not buy a brand new enthusiast car, especially manual, if it had been driven by other people. The people who do PDI are bad enough as it is.
Yeah - Not taking a demo car or one that has like 100 miles on it that was obviously used to test drives, lol.

·
Registered
Awaiting a 2022 GR86 premium in Trueno blue
56 Posts
I think it all depends in the dealer when it comes to test drives

I walked into a Subaru dealer a month ago, had the keys in my hand within about 10 mins for a drive

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
84 Posts
I think it all depends in the dealer when it comes to test drives

I walked into a Subaru dealer a month ago, had the keys in my hand within about 10 mins for a drive
Lucky you, no dealers even have them in stock here. My test drive is going to be the one on the way home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts