Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone cares....

I just installed the Tein H-Tech Lowering Springs and 20mm spacers all the way around. I think it still needs to settle a tiny bit but rides like stock and its looking pretty flush. Was about a 1 inch drop with the springs.

I debated for a while to go with springs or coil overs.. So far I'm glad I just went with springs, much much cheaper

Attachments

· Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
3,175 Posts
Looks perfect. This is an option I am considering. The Tein springs I will get for sure. If I do add a bunch of power the stock wheels wont hold wide enough tires though, So I may not spend the money on spacers if I will be buying wheels.

· Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
816 Posts
I should add that they are seemingly progressive and I prefer it. Instantly noticed they are more comfortable and compliant when driving regularly, and then when you lean into the turns they stiffen up.

· Registered
816 Posts
Ah ok makes sense. yeah, the last set of lowering springs I installed were in 2006, and they were Eibach Pro-Kits and they were so stiff lol. Everything else has been coilovers for me...

· Registered
2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
3,175 Posts
The super downs are lower and give that look. They also will be a big compromise if you drive on rough roads or have to cross speed bumps. The tein will be much more everyday friendly but dont look much lower than stock

· Registered
816 Posts
Per RSR, the regular down springs are actually softer than the H.Techs, mimic more of the BRZ front/rear balance (makes sense given that's what they're listed as fitting), and drop the car a bit lower.

Part#: F067D
Compatibility: 2022+ Subaru BRZ
Chassis code: ZD8

Approximate Drop: 6 Speed Manual
Front: -20mm to -25mm (-0.8in to -1.0in)
Rear: -15mm to -20mm (-0.6in to -0.8in)

Approximate Drop: Automatic
Front: -20mm to -25mm (-0.8in to -1.0in)
Rear: -20mm to -25mm (-0.8in to -1.0in)

Spring Rates:
Front: 3.37kg/mm (188lb/in)
Rear: 4.18kg/mm (234lb/in)

Compared to H.Tech:

Approximate Drop
Front drop: 0.6in
Rear drop: 0.8in

Spring Rates
Front rate: 190lb/in
Rear rate: 258lb/in

1 - 20 of 66 Posts