Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Clio IV TCe 90
6 Posts
Great to see these cars in action, looks like a lot of fun to drive.
What I got from automated translation:
They're pretty similar, but the GR 86 is a bit more playful, while the BRZ is trimmed more towards stability...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great to see these cars in action, looks like a lot of fun to drive.
What I got from automated translation:
They're pretty similar, but the GR 86 is a bit more playful, while the BRZ is trimmed more towards stability...
Welcome to the forum @SebiStr99! That does seem to be the way Toyota and Subaru are playing these two cars off each other. They're making the BRZ seem more like the grand tourer options while the GR86 is more tail happy.

Do you have any preference of one over the other?

·
Registered
Renault Clio IV TCe 90
6 Posts
Sadly no, only recently started making enough money to really afford one and now I want a new one. For the moment I'm still rocking my Clio 4 TCe 90...
What about you? Do you have one/what are you driving?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome to the forum @SebiStr99! That does seem to be the way Toyota and Subaru are playing these two cars off each other. They're making the BRZ seem more like the grand tourer options while the GR86 is more tail happy.

Um no-Because the BRZ does not stick its tail out quite as much as the GR86 does not make it a "Grand Tourer". You forget back in November when Scott Speed was giving rides to journalists at Thermal raceway he was able to get the tail out quite a bit. Also getting the tail out is not the fastest way around a race track.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Um no-Because the BRZ does not stick its tail out quite as much as the GR86 does not make it a "Grand Tourer". You forget back in November when Scott Speed was giving rides to journalists at Thermal raceway he was able to get the tail out quite a bit. Also getting the tail out is not the fastest way around a race track.
Grand tourer probably wasn't the right wording but it does seem to be the "tamer" one of the two cars. Or at least that's how they're trying to make it seem.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Of course version #1 of both were set up the same way so this is no surprise. Both are true sports cars. It really a matter of how you want your handling to be. For the average driver I would guess the BRZ would have the more secure handling characteristic than the 86. And as I said if you are doing time attack on a race track oversteer will slow your time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.