Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I like them. However I don't think the previous headlights are going to be used on the new 86. The grill appears to be somewhat accurate. But the recent front end patent photos of the front end of the 86 closely mimic the original mule shown with the Mustang 1 month prior to the BRZ reveal. Therefore the hood and lights seem the same as the new BRZ with the grill and front intakes looking like that mule.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You know you never know. If enough people buy the new BRZ and 86 and dealers get enough requests for a drop top anything can happen if car makers think there is a market for it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bet Fiat could've exactly that with by using the BRZ/86 as a base for the 124.
You know the 124 is not a bad car and personally I like the Euro retro styling on it. However the engine was too small and it has too much turbo lag. I own a Fiat Abarth. It has roughly the same power but weighs less. Now that I've done an intake, Alfa 4c Coil Packs, Iridium Spark Plugs and a go fast bits Diverter valve upgrade the engine definitely has more snap to it. There is less lag and holds boost better and runs and idles great. My point is this should have been standard on the 124. It also rides better than a Miata and the steering is not as hyper. Unfortunately Fiat blew it reputation in the US and I think in a year or 2 it will pull out completely or start offering EV's here only.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts