Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on Youtube. I timed the acceleration it seemed to be just around 7 seconds. What do you think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its not getting 6 seconds without revving it to redline in second - this guy short shifted
Exactly, it doesn't reach peak power until 7,000 RPM. Even so, it still requires a shift to 3rd gear to reach 60mph or100km/h. If the redline was raised closer to 8,000 RPM then it may be possible to reach 60mph in 2nd gear (eliminating the time wasted shifting to 3rd gear). This would likely result in a 5.8s or so.

From what I've seen, it's pretty close in real world acceleration (0-60) to the ND2 Miata. The BRZ/GR86 starts pulling away at higher speeds thanks to a better power-to-weight ratio.

·
Super Moderator
313 Posts
Exactly, it doesn't reach peak power until 7,000 RPM. Even so, it still requires a shift to 3rd gear to reach 60mph or100km/h. If the redline was raised closer to 8,000 RPM then it may be possible to reach 60mph in 2nd gear (eliminating the time wasted shifting to 3rd gear). This would likely result in a 5.8s or so.

From what I've seen, it's pretty close in real world acceleration (0-60) to the ND2 Miata. The BRZ/GR86 starts pulling away at higher speeds thanks to a better power-to-weight ratio.
I'm not sure yet - while yes power drops off after 7k, you are still going faster - with redline at 7400 I feel as though that will be very very close to 60mph.

Also, these gearboxes seem to be far more suitable for harder faster shifts going from what I've seen in reviews.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts