Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all. Being a car lover but not mechanically inclined, I have some general questions.

Will a full size tire fit in the "spare tire well" for the 2022 BRZ? If so, must I purchase a tire and wheel?

Is it best to buy a space saver tire/wheel combo? What do you recommend?

Thank you and pardon my lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
196 Posts
A full size wheel and tire will fit but then you can't put the floor in. It sits too high above it. I am buying this doughnut spare that should work for either 17 or 18 inch tires.

I am concerned about a blowout that fix a flat doesn't fix. I can't believe car companies are going away from spares. Cheap skate bullshit if you ask me. I think it should be the law.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A full size wheel and tire will fit but then you can't put the floor in. It sits too high above it. I am buying this doughnut spare that should work for either 17 or 18 inch tires.

I am concerned about a blowout that fix a flat doesn't fix. I can't believe car companies are going away from spares. Cheap skate bullshit if you ask me. I think it should be the law.
Thanks for the reply. I sincerely appreciate it. I totally agree with you that something more than a fix a flat should be required.

Do you know if the Hill Assist Light (green color) is supposed to be continuously illuminated in the 2022 BRZ Limited with manual?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wrote to SOB about spare tire and this is what they told me.

"Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.
We appreciate your interest in the BRZ.
All current BRZ models come with compact spare tires. These are the same diameter as a full tire, but are not as wide.
Thanks again for the opportunity to be of assistance"

·
Registered
196 Posts
I wrote to SOB about spare tire and this is what they told me.

"Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.
We appreciate your interest in the BRZ.
All current BRZ models come with compact spare tires. These are the same diameter as a full tire, but are not as wide.
Thanks again for the opportunity to be of assistance"
Hilarious. They don't even know that there car doesn't come with a spare anymore. And you can't even buy one.

I just bought an ezspare and it arrives today. Solves my problem. Our cars do come with a jack and all of that. But no spare. Just the shit to put in the tire.

·
Registered
196 Posts
When your spare arrives, let us know how well it stores. That is, will the carpet still lay smooth and flat Above the tire.
It is an inch and a half shorter than the filler plastic so it will be flush. I just need to find a screw down that will work with it so I don't hear it move around.

I will keep everyone posted and post pics too. They were fast. 2 day shipping.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts