Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all. Being a car lover but not mechanically inclined, I have some general questions.

Will a full size tire fit in the "spare tire well" for the 2022 BRZ? If so, must I purchase a tire and wheel?

Is it best to buy a space saver tire/wheel combo? What do you recommend?

Thank you and pardon my lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A full size wheel and tire will fit but then you can't put the floor in. It sits too high above it. I am buying this doughnut spare that should work for either 17 or 18 inch tires.

I am concerned about a blowout that fix a flat doesn't fix. I can't believe car companies are going away from spares. Cheap skate bullshit if you ask me. I think it should be the law.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A full size wheel and tire will fit but then you can't put the floor in. It sits too high above it. I am buying this doughnut spare that should work for either 17 or 18 inch tires.

I am concerned about a blowout that fix a flat doesn't fix. I can't believe car companies are going away from spares. Cheap skate bullshit if you ask me. I think it should be the law.
Thanks for the reply. I sincerely appreciate it. I totally agree with you that something more than a fix a flat should be required.

Do you know if the Hill Assist Light (green color) is supposed to be continuously illuminated in the 2022 BRZ Limited with manual?

·
Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
88 Posts
Edited to remove off-topic comments.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Should not be "required", i.e. "officials" with guns tell unofficial people what to do...or else. Didn't that debate get settled after WWII? :cautious:

If you don't like what's on offer in the market, there's a simpler and less violent solution. Don't buy it.
Dumb statement. So seatbelts, airbags, Bluetooth, etc. Would not be in all cars if we didn't have a law making car manufacturers do it. It's called regulation of what we allow on our streets. Making all cars have a spare is a safety feature. Can you imagine having a blow out 100 miles from home and 25 miles from civilization. Like in the middle of the desert. The fix a flat is useless and you will have to have a wrecker take your car to the nearest tire place. And guess what, they may not have your tire and have to order it. There you wait for days instead of being able to put a spare on and limp home.

Safety first.

But I guess your right. Making people put a spare in their car is like Naziism. So nice of you to compare it to that.

Grow up.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Reactions: Snoodles

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are you serious. You compared me suggesting they we make it the law to have spares to being a Nazi. How am I supposed to take that any other way than an attack.

I respond and you hide behind forum rules. Seriously?

Just wow.

Then go ahead and attack away and I will sit here and watch. Enjoy your life and don't respond to anything else I post.

Out

·
Registered
88 Posts

Reactions: Blighty

·
Registered
88 Posts