Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

South East Queensland, Australia

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Blighty 
It will be interesting, both the Coupe and Coupe S in the BRZ trim have just the 6 speaker system, with the 8 speaker system not available in any Australian spec from Subaru.
Where did you see anything about the speakers for Australia? The brochure I saw doesn't mention it and if you click on "Full Specs" on the website it actually takes you to the Gen 1 car, not the 2022.

While I know that the above is all correct I still struggle with the concept of such a minor difference between the models (although the price difference is reflective of that).
I can't think of another car make/model with such a small difference between model grades.

From what I can tell aside from the multimedia touchscreen and only 6 speakers Australian spec is very similar to the JDM for Coupe and Coupe S.
My understanding is that supposedly Subaru's previous sales told them this is what people wanted.
My personal belief is that because our initial order is only 500 (and who really knows when a second production run will be done), they may have done this to keep overall production costs down and to get the 500 out and to Australia quickly. Essentially the production line is only changed for the seats.

Yep. With such a minor difference they should of just sold it under the one spec with the factory option for the seats. I mean 99 percent of buyers are going Coupe S according to my dealer, the Coupe basic is devalued just by having a 'bottom' spec branding. Whereas if they just sold it under one spec that situation wouldn't really occur.
I told my dealer that if anyone cancels their order and is in the queue before me, I will take anything as long as manual and not white or black. I ordered the non S in Magnetite Grey to spend the difference on something else later, but I like all the other colours.

At the end of the day, your car will be fantastic. Whether its coupe or S. Price on resell might be a fraction less than it should be, but will you really care? No lol. I mean some people are going to throw in those sweet bride seats I'm sure.
Are the Bride seats actually comfortable for a daily use car?

Yep. With such a minor difference they should of just sold it under the one spec with the factory option for the seats. I mean 99 percent of buyers are going Coupe S according to my dealer, the Coupe basic is devalued just by having a 'bottom' spec branding. Whereas if they just sold it under one spec that situation wouldn't really occur.
With no actual badging, I don't think resale value will actually be affected. The seats are not why people buy these cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.