Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
This might be just for Toyota USA. I read from Toyota Announces Pricing on All-New 2022 GR86 - Toyota USA Newsroom (New Era Customized section) that there will be forged wheels, fast shift kit and so on, but when I go to toyota.com and try to build one, those parts are all missing. Any ideas? Thanks!
I already posted some of the stuff before on a different thread but we aren’t actually getting that much stuff compared to Japan and a few other places. We’re missing the dual exhaust, short throw, air intake, stabilizer bars and forged wheels. Oh and some decal.

Cylinder Gas Rectangle Nickel Machine

Wheel Automotive tire Product Electric fan Motor vehicle

Automotive design Font Personal protective equipment Sleeve Tire

Automotive design Material property Font Audio equipment Auto part

Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Gas Composite material Cylinder Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already posted some of the stuff before on a different thread but we aren’t actually getting that much stuff compared to Japan and a few other places. We’re missing the dual exhaust, short throw, air intake, stabilizer bars and forged wheels. Oh and some decal.

View attachment 3101
View attachment 3106
View attachment 3105
View attachment 3102
View attachment 3103
View attachment 3104
My understanding is that compared to Japan, USA does have fewer parts. But for those parts, they addressed it in official social media, so they should be available? Maybe just a matter of time? But if anyone knows how long that could be (roughly...)?

·
Registered
GR86 Premium MT Raven
127 Posts
Does anyone happen to know, the way the Subwoofer reads on the website, it's 'plug and play' (secure with clips and attach 1 wire and you're good to go), so I'm assuming that's something you could buy further down the road and install yourself? (For the TX area, the majority of accessories are unavailable to select on Toyota build tool).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Does anyone happen to know, the way the Subwoofer reads on the website, it's 'plug and play' (secure with clips and attach 1 wire and you're good to go), so I'm assuming that's something you could buy further down the road and install yourself? (For the TX area, the majority of accessories are unavailable to select on Toyota build tool).
Yeah, it’s definitely something you can pick up later. It’s designed to be easily removable for track use.

·
Registered
In line for a 22 Neptune Blue GR86 Manual
135 Posts
Im assuming the parts wont be sold in USA officially
Do you really want 19” wheels? I was actually pretty surprised they decided to go that large for the GR concept cars.
Agreed, 18 is the max IMO for looks / performance. Anything bigger than that and the car will start to look like a Chariot :LOL:

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
877 Posts
The subwoofer is made by Kicker and will be a dealer add on.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
877 Posts
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, why haven't they put out any information about this yet?
They barely have any cars available to purchase.
Since the short shift kit and the catback, among other things are mentioned in the press release, I’d assume they’ll be available eventually.

·
Registered
'22 MT GR86 Grey
100 Posts
My understanding is that compared to Japan, USA does have fewer parts. But for those parts, they addressed it in official social media, so they should be available? Maybe just a matter of time? But if anyone knows how long that could be (roughly...)?
Hi, I live in Japan and am getting my GR86 here. If you're curious about the difference between what Japan gets vs the rest of the world, the TRD Japan website is pretty useful. From what I can tell, the Japan GR sports muffler is different in that it has 4 exhaust pipes instead of two large ones (in fact the non-Japan looks much more similar to the Subaru BRZ STI muffler if anything), and the Japan fender vent inserts are swooped instead of having straight lines. Meanwhile the Subwoofer and air intake box are definitely not options sold here in Japan. Kinda fascinating that there are such big differences in options.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts