Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

Base or Premium?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the information we have right now (except price), I'd like to know which one people are leaning towards to if they are getting one!

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
883 Posts
Premium depending on price. Hopefully the 8 speakers are better quality than what Toyota has used in the past. I like that it has the bigger wheels and the tires are great The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires are rated as Ultra-High Performance Sport Tires.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I will buy the premium version because it has adaptive front lighting, very good tires and wheels in best size for the car. Plus rear duckbill spoiler and nice seats. Don't really care for an eight-speaker audio system or aluminum pedals. I hope that the premium version will not be more expensive by more than $ 3000.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Im leaning towards the premium, better tires come on it I think the Pilot Sport Ss plus I don't want Prius wheels on my ride 17s , I don't plan on changing them until a year or two later for 19s so I can shxt on some Nissan Z boys ( Even tho I like the "400" a lot, better dash on it IMO), because id be going all in like a poker hand when I get this car , So I'll get the premium to hold me over until I can stack some millions to pour into this car.Id already be buying it new so whats an extra 2-3k to 30k. Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey @magnesio! Are you planning on keeping your GR86 stock or are you going to add some mods?
Did you consider Premium at any point, maybe after seeing the current 86/BRZ in person?
Just curious because so few people are going with Base.
BTW, welcome to the forum!
Hello R-Ozzy and apex, thanks for the welcome!
I will not make any changes: the basic version is enough for me.
I don't like the duck tail of the premium version.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Undecided here. Need more information. I agree the car can be upgraded very easily. I got the base version of the gt86 back in 2013 (non TRD) and lately it looks like premium with all the upgrades and fine tuning. So the car can evolve even if you get the base version. Waiting for price and full specs before getting the premium in Europe.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,302 Posts
I wonder how much more the more the premium version weighs. Also are the premium 18 inch wheels wider than the base 17" wheels?
Well on the BRZ the top spec manual is 20lb (9kg) heavier than the bottom spec manual. 2835 vs 2815lb.

Most of that will be the 18inch rims, as the rest of the car changes weigh about the same.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well on the BRZ the top spec manual is 20lb (9kg) heavier than the bottom spec manual. 2835 vs 2815lb.

Most of that will be the 18inch rims, as the rest of the car changes weigh about the same.
It will be interesting to see if the Premium gets the 18 inch BBS forged alloys from the GR Yaris , visually they look the same, and are very light 8.3kg, but incredibly expensive around £1500 each from Toyota. Similar weight forged alloys can be sourced for around £1000 for a set of 4(y)

·
Super Moderator
2022 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue Pearl
1,302 Posts
It will be interesting to see if the Premium gets the 18 inch BBS forged alloys from the GR Yaris , visually they look the same, and are very light 8.3kg, but incredibly expensive around £1500 each from Toyota. Similar weight forged alloys can be sourced for around £1000 for a set of 4(y)
The GR Yaris actually comes in two types of 18x8" +45 5x114.3, cast Enkies and forged BBS. The Enkies are 10.3kg, and as you said the BBS rims are 8.3kg.

HOWEVER, the BBS rims are basically an exact match design wise for the premium gr86. They are both 10 spoke, mat piano black - I've zoomed in on those images and if they are almost certainly from the same exact design and processing.

·
Registered
‘22 CWP BRZ Ordered
90 Posts
The Yaris is 5x114.3. This car has been confirmed as being typical Subie 5x100. Similar wheels, but not the same.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.