Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

Base or Premium?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the information we have right now (except price), I'd like to know which one people are leaning towards to if they are getting one!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm leaning towards the base model but if the premium's price is right and/or I can get a good deal on it I might be persuaded to upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably base. All I really want is carplay, and I'd probably swap the wheels and wing myself anyways so that makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder how much more the more the premium version weighs. Also are the premium 18 inch wheels wider than the base 17" wheels?

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S R53FL
25 Posts
I will buy the premium version because it has adaptive front lighting, very good tires and wheels in best size for the car. Plus rear duckbill spoiler and nice seats. Don't really care for an eight-speaker audio system or aluminum pedals. I hope that the premium version will not be more expensive by more than $ 3000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im leaning towards the premium, better tires come on it I think the Pilot Sport Ss plus I don't want Prius wheels on my ride 17s , I don't plan on changing them until a year or two later for 19s so I can shxt on some Nissan Z boys ( Even tho I like the "400" a lot, better dash on it IMO), because id be going all in like a poker hand when I get this car , So I'll get the premium to hold me over until I can stack some millions to pour into this car.Id already be buying it new so whats an extra 2-3k to 30k. Thank you for coming to my TEDTalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey @magnesio! Are you planning on keeping your GR86 stock or are you going to add some mods?
Did you consider Premium at any point, maybe after seeing the current 86/BRZ in person?
Just curious because so few people are going with Base.
BTW, welcome to the forum!
Hello R-Ozzy and apex, thanks for the welcome!
I will not make any changes: the basic version is enough for me.
I don't like the duck tail of the premium version.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Undecided here. Need more information. I agree the car can be upgraded very easily. I got the base version of the gt86 back in 2013 (non TRD) and lately it looks like premium with all the upgrades and fine tuning. So the car can evolve even if you get the base version. Waiting for price and full specs before getting the premium in Europe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts