Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got a few quick pics after install, I’ll have to drive out and take some scenery pics. Forewarned: I had a lot of chips on my front bumper and this touch-up paint
doesn’t match precisely. Next week I’m taking this into the dealer and going to have them remove my touch-up paint and do it right. 100% not a paint or bodywork guy VERY happy with the emblems though! BIG thanks to Emblems Only for letting me be a guinea pig :D

Btw this touch-up kit was from colornride.com and was said to match Halo. It definitely does not, in case someone else has this kit.

that looks amazing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone attempted removing the black backing plates as well before sticking these on?
Apparently they also have two plastic pins as well that can be snapped off or pulled through with a bit of force. I think it would look particularly good especially on the rear for a more flush look as there is no recess like the front.
All though taking the front one off would mean not seeing it around the edges.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Anyone attempted removing the black backing plates as well before sticking these on?
Apparently they also have two plastic pins as well that can be snapped off or pulled through with a bit of force. I think it would look particularly good especially on the rear for a more flush look as there is no recess like the front.
All though taking the front one off would mean not seeing it around the edges.
We've been wondering this for a while now... seems those plastic plates should be removable somehow! If anyone knows please chime in

41 - 49 of 49 Posts