Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For those of us that are bodywork challenged what's the best way to get these 2 emblems off? Just heat gun, floss and some alcohol for the adhesive?
We sell a convenient kit with everything needed (minus the heat gun)

Or, we have a complete kit with the heat gun if needed:

We do include a color hard copy of the emblem removal / installation instructions along with each order, however you can view here:

·
Registered
22 GR86 6MT; 22 Corolla
527 Posts
Sweet the PDF has what I was looking for thank you! Already got a good heat gun and a plastic scraper. I noticed this quote on there, ‘Do not power-wash your new emblems’ do you mean it cannot go through a car wash? I can’t wash my car by hand so it gets ran through a local place 2-3x a week.

·
Registered
22 GR86 6MT; 22 Corolla
527 Posts
Ooooh guess what I got in the mail today :D I'm hoping someone responds to my NextDoor ask to swap them out this weekend. I'm doing some work but am too impatient to wait to get em on and get pics so I figured why not pay someone to do it today! :D

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sweet the PDF has what I was looking for thank you! Already got a good heat gun and a plastic scraper. I noticed this quote on there, ‘Do not power-wash your new emblems’ do you mean it cannot go through a car wash? I can’t wash my car by hand so it gets ran through a local place 2-3x a week.
You can use auto car washes or power washing after 48 hours of installation. However, generally speaking moisture is the #1 offender of aftermarket emblems deteriorating prematurely. Emblems which are kept dry and away from excessive rain/moisture/cold tend to hold-up longer.

·
Registered
22 GR86 6MT; 22 Corolla
527 Posts
You can use auto car washes or power washing after 48 hours of installation. However, generally speaking moisture is the #1 offender of aftermarket emblems deteriorating prematurely. Emblems which are kept dry and away from excessive rain/moisture/cold tend to hold-up longer.
That's good to know, thank you! If I don't find someone around me to install by the middle of tomorrow I'll probably end up doing it myself Sunday afternoon. I'm excited to see how they look on there, these emblems look so cool in person! Definitely not a stranger to emblems weathering to death, I cannot tell you how many propeller emblems I've had to swap out lol

·
Registered
825 Posts
Doesn't sound like this emblem is for me, I'm a clean freak so I would be washing my car a lot lol

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Doesn't sound like this emblem is for me, I'm a clean freak so I would be washing my car a lot lol
Didn't mean to insinuate they are poor quality or can't handle car washes. Just a general statement regarding aftermarket badges as a whole. Even OEM badges can deteriorate over time if constantly subjected to certain elements.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Didn't mean to insinuate they are poor quality or can't handle car washes. Just a general statement regarding aftermarket badges as a whole. Even OEM badges can deteriorate over time if constantly subjected to certain elements.
Ok that makes more sense, the way you put it before sounded like it would fall off fast lol

·
Registered
22 GR86 6MT; 22 Corolla
527 Posts
Got a few quick pics after install, I’ll have to drive out and take some scenery pics. Forewarned: I had a lot of chips on my front bumper and this touch-up paint
doesn’t match precisely. Next week I’m taking this into the dealer and going to have them remove my touch-up paint and do it right. 100% not a paint or bodywork guy VERY happy with the emblems though! BIG thanks to Emblems Only for letting me be a guinea pig :D

Btw this touch-up kit was from colornride.com and was said to match Halo. It definitely does not, in case someone else has this kit.

·
Registered
22 GR86 6MT; 22 Corolla
527 Posts
For the

Looks like it doesn't fit or is that how it is? I never really noticed🤔
The emblem itself is fine that was a really bad angle... the touch-up paint I had I'm not happy with. I spent hours trying to feather it in and blend etc. and it just doesn't want to match. I'm 100% hands off at this point and going to let someone that is good with paint at the dealer fix it for me before I make it worse 🤣 Once I get it fixed this week I'll post a pic of the front. I'm really trying to be nice and not rage on this touch-up paint (or my gross lack of touch-up paint skills)... :)

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hey everyone, so first of all big S/O to @LacroixDP for testing fitting these
badges so quickly! The rear badge is confirmed to fit nicely, however as pointed out by @KiraOniiChan the front
badge is not 100% perfect. For some reason Toyota decided to use these
weird "platforms" underneath the OEM badges, which honestly seem pointless. So, once
you remove the OEM badge there's a black plastic base which remains. We haven't been
able to determine if that base can be safely removed as of yet. If anyone knows that would be awesome.

So, here's a side by side of the OEM with the aftermarket badge. As you can see
even the OEM badge has a bit of room inside the hood intent. The aftermarket badge is
OH SO Slightly smaller, about 2-3mm. The issue is that if centered the backing black plate
will be slightly visible on the top-side.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

We're not here to BS anyone, would like to be as up-front and honest as possible with you guys.
Let us know if you feel like this is a deal breaker on the front or not.. any feedback would
be appreciated.

·
Registered
22 GR86 6MT; 22 Corolla
527 Posts
I will say that rear emblem is absolutely bang-on, I don’t think the fit for that could be any better. It has one of those odd back plates on it too. The paint issue really distracted me from noticing what was said above about the front, but this is part of the fun of being a guinea pig ;) I love trying new parts and ideas, touching up and trying again and y’all have been superb to deal with!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts