Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a way to sit lower in my GR86. I am 6'3 and the rear view mirror creates a huge blind spot it is actually unsafe, so leaving it like this is not an option for me. I will not wait to run over someone...

The obvious choice in my scenario is aftermarket bucket seats because they are side mount and thus they sit lower.
I would like to keep the rails if possible to have other people drive the car and also to access the backseat (this is my daily driver).

Does anyone know a low seat rails kit for the GR86 or 2022+ BRZ? I know FTSpeed used to have one for the ZC6 but I do not know if it fits the 2022+ model plus it is out of stock it seems. Here's the link :

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interesting, but the buddyclub.com website does not inspire confidence, pretty crude and amatuerish. Plus no info on how much lower the seat rail sits compared to OEM. For a racing application no big deal, but for street use I’d like a bit more detail.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I need to find a way to sit lower in my GR86. I am 6'3 and the rear view mirror creates a huge blind spot it is actually unsafe, so leaving it like this is not an option for me. I will not wait to run over someone...

The obvious choice in my scenario is aftermarket bucket seats because they are side mount and thus they sit lower.
I would like to keep the rails if possible to have other people drive the car and also to access the backseat (this is my daily driver).

Does anyone know a low seat rails kit for the GR86 or 2022+ BRZ? I know FTSpeed used to have one for the ZC6 but I do not know if it fits the 2022+ model plus it is out of stock it seems. Here's the link :
As @BlyatRZ said, rails will work on both gens.
But the Buddy Club rails you linked are for side mounted seats, not for the stock ones.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The base rear view mirror can be adjusted upward significantly..it has two pivot points, adjust the pivot point closest to the windshield to move the whole mirror up higher. I put mine to the “max” setting to help with visibility. If you have the homelink mirror I’d swap it for a basic one as that mirror sits even lower and cannot be adjusted.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The base rear view mirror can be adjusted upward significantly..it has two pivot points, adjust the pivot point closest to the windshield to move the whole mirror up higher. I put mine to the “max” setting to help with visibility. If you have the homelink mirror I’d swap it for a basic one as that mirror sits even lower and cannot be adjusted.
Damn thanks for the tip, thats super helpful. I pushed mine up as high as I could get it, much better!

Pardon me if this is a stupid question but is the stock seat adjusted to its lowest? If someone else test drove it or whatever they could have raised the seat to their liking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is probably a silly question, but have you pushed the lever down several times to get the lowest seating position? I imagine this is the only practical way to get a seat in a more comfortable driving position of someone else made an adjustment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I did not know that was a thing... I just went to my car and adjusted to the highest setting and it is significantly better. I will see if it is enough improvement after a ride in the car, but it should be enough to live with the current seat position for a while now hopefully. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is probably a silly question, but have you pushed the lever down several times to get the lowest seating position? I imagine this is the only practical way to get a seat in a more comfortable driving position of someone else made an adjustment.
Yes it is at the lowest setting. Adjusting the mirror like mentioned by @skylinekin helped a bunch but like I said the real test will be some seat time driving.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok I did not know that was a thing... I just went to my car and adjusted to the highest setting and it is significantly better. I will see if it is enough improvement after a ride in the car, but it should be enough to live with the current seat position for a while now hopefully. Thanks so much!
Glad it helped! The next thing for me was the 949 racing steering wheel spacer. This allowed me to sit tilted further back in the seat providing more headroom and not have the steering wheel interfering with my legs as much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad it helped! The next thing for me was the 949 racing steering wheel spacer. This allowed me to sit tilted further back in the seat providing more headroom and not have the steering wheel interfering with my legs as much.

Ok after driving the car a lot yesterday the rear view mirror adjustment works for me thanks a bunch!
Also thanks for sharing that steering wheel spacer, that will be a very good improvement it is currently a bit far away if I want to sit perfectly for the pedals. 😃😃

·
Registered
29 Posts

Agreed! Made a huge difference for me.

·
Registered
22 Trueno Blue
391 Posts

I know for sure it works perfectly, it's one of the most solid seat mount I even had. (Yes, I had a thing of recaro spg and have them on my other cars and i had to tried a few different seat mount when I had my miata due to space.)
look up my last update on build thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts