Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good idea @TruBlu86
I tried to twist the end of the strap but didn't want to use too much force, I'll have to give that another shot.

I've made a habit of checking for twisting every time I buckle up. I would be nice if it just stayed put.

I suppose one other option could be to add another snap button so that the strap is just long enough with no extra slop.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks, I got it figured out. Mine was definitely tight and needed to be broken loose.

I was looking into how to match the size of a snap button and man its a bigger rabbit hole than I would want. Now I'm thinking about just sewing the extra bit of the strap to itself (so theres no slop in it). That is if it keeps twisting with the strap oriented like TruBlu86 has it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well mine is still getting twisted even after spinning the strap around.

I threw a zip tie on the strap to test out what sewing the strap to itself would do. I have a feeling this should do the trick (not the zip tie but sewing it) as theres hardly any room to allow it to twist now. I'll give it a week or so and report back.

Hood Automotive tire Grey Automotive design Silver

·
Registered
265 Posts
The belt naturally has a twist in it, just put it at the bottom and they function properly. It has to have a twist somewhere because it’s a flat object anchored to points at different angles. The belt should have one like half twist at the bottom, the belt will stay relatively flat everywhere else.

As long as your belt sits like this, it will track perfectly flat across your body when pulled over.
Okay but it still twists like this. You've just described how they come stock, which is exactly how they ended up twisting for those posting. Also theres no way to "put" the twist at the bottom as you cant slip the twist past the buckle (I just tried). Notice that yours has a twist at the top as well as the bottom, the twist starts up top at the seatbelt loop/guide on the seat.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It could also have something to do with how its pulled possibly. Its not an actual issue just a minor annoyance every once and a while. Mine may have only gotten twisted a handful of times but that doesnt stop me front wanting a remedy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts