Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Track Bred Premium MT
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the seatbelt is theoretically supposed to go through this loop, but it always ends up twisted. Is anyone using these? Am I missing something?
Car Car seat cover Automotive design Fixture Vehicle

·
Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
321 Posts
I use it and yes it often gets twisted in there.
If I don't use it the seat belt is too high, even with it in the loop I find it sits higher than it should and sometimes the edge irritates neck.
For reference I'm 5'9 and have the seat height set Low but not to the bottom

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Same here. I think I’m subconsciously learning to manage it so it doesn’t twist.

·
Registered
'22 MT GR86 Grey
211 Posts
Hmmm, I'm 6ft and use the seat loops but have so far not experienced any twisting or anything. My biggest gripe about them is that they make this rubbing noise as the seatbelt moves around. Am trying to find some kind of oil or lubricant which would be safe for the upholstery and help to relieve some of the noise they make.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
…even with it in the loop I find it sits higher than it should and sometimes the edge irritates neck.
For reference I'm 5'9 and have the seat height set Low but not to the bottom
It irritates my neck as well.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Photos of the problem.

Pic 1, what the seatbelt naturally wants to do (be twisted)

Pic 2, what you have to manually do to untwist the seatbelt

I've been thinking that the strap loop is too loose. It needs to hold the seatbelt down closer to the seat so once you untwist it, it can't twist back.

·
Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
321 Posts
Mine more tries to twist right at the loop.

For the belt edge getting my neck, I tried raising my seat 1 pull on the lever. We'll see if it helps at all.
Its only when i wear a t-shirt it gets me, or whatever else that exposes alot of neck lol

Looking again at your pic and comparing, it looks like our belts are trying to twist opposite ways..
What is this sorcery???

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Plant

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Looking again at your pic and comparing, it looks like our belts are trying to twist opposite ways..
What is this sorcery???
A bad design! :LOL:

Is the label on your seatbelt - at the floor anchor - pointed outward like mine?

·
Registered
'22 GR86 Premium MT
321 Posts
A bad design! :LOL:

Is the label on your seatbelt - at the floor anchor - pointed outward like mine?
Yes it is.

Luggage and bags Automotive design Bag Grey Tints and shades

Luggage and bags Grey Bag Font Beige

I just twisted around the way to button in the loop.
Top pic is after twisting it vs bottom being how it was originally. This should effectively move down the path just a tad, maybe it's just enough to keep it off my neck?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good idea @TruBlu86
I tried to twist the end of the strap but didn't want to use too much force, I'll have to give that another shot.

I've made a habit of checking for twisting every time I buckle up. I would be nice if it just stayed put.

I suppose one other option could be to add another snap button so that the strap is just long enough with no extra slop.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks, I got it figured out. Mine was definitely tight and needed to be broken loose.

I was looking into how to match the size of a snap button and man its a bigger rabbit hole than I would want. Now I'm thinking about just sewing the extra bit of the strap to itself (so theres no slop in it). That is if it keeps twisting with the strap oriented like TruBlu86 has it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts