Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only option color wise Toyota has over Subaru is Neptune blue, other then that they’re all Subaru colors. Lol
Is that actually true? Is the Toyota Track bRed the same as Subaru Ignition Red? It looks like the Track bRed has more orange in it - i'm really liking it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is that actually true? Is the Toyota Track bRed the same as Subaru Ignition Red? It looks like the Track bRed has more orange in it - i'm really liking it.
Yeah it’s true. It’s been talked about on the other forum for some time.

Both cars are made in the Gunma plant, which is a Subaru facility. For cost reasons they’re not going to make a whole lineup of different colors for each. Trueno blue is Sapphire blue pearl, Halo White is Crystal white pearl etc. only exclusive colors between the 2 are WR Blue and Neptune and whatever special edition color for the year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess it’s always a good idea to do some stock driving to see on where you want to invest on improvements. I like the new car since a lot of improvements have already been done by the manufacturer. On my current BRZ I did some things that I won’t be doing on the GR when I get it. But some cheap and easy fixes I’ll do like fixating the master brake cilinder when needed and buy some decent brake pads. Maybe a high octane tune but that depends on the tune they’re going to give it standard in Europe. No more loud exhaust for me. I guess when it comes to more expensive mods a set of Intrax suspension and a 4.56 final drive with close ratio first and second gear would be on my wish list. And I would love to try some new Potenza Sports as well…
It depends on what the end goal will be. Ours will see quite a bit of track time. For that, tires, brakes and suspension geometry changes. And of course engine tuning - it's my specialty and we're starting at a much higher level already than the 2.0 so that will be pretty great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I already ordered an OS Giken and Brembo GT kit (4-pot fronts) for my BRZ from Counterspace Garage as they confirmed the fit. I'm awaiting on Motion Control Suspension to confirm their 2-ways for the previous gen will fit on the 2022 and they will get ordered as well. The setup will be a copy of what is currently on my 2016 Hyperblue BRZ. My current BRZ lives in a garage at Atlanta Motorsports Park so it will be a track car only.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I already ordered an OS Giken and Brembo GT kit (4-pot fronts) for my BRZ from Counterspace Garage as they confirmed the fit. I'm awaiting on Motion Control Suspension to confirm their 2-ways for the previous gen will fit on the 2022 and they will get ordered as well. The setup will be a copy of what is currently on my 2016 Hyperblue BRZ. My current BRZ lives in a garage at Atlanta Motorsports Park so it will be a track car only.
So the OEM brakes are the same, read differential and axles are the same .... looks like wheels will likely be the same. If suspension fits looks like little was changed there as well.

I think we will see the 2.4 swap into the first gen cars quite easily.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So the OEM brakes are the same, read differential and axles are the same .... looks like wheels will likely be the same. If suspension fits looks like little was changed there as well.

I think we will see the 2.4 swap into the first gen cars quite easily.
I don't think there is much to gain putting the 2.4 into a first gen since the car weights between first gen and second gen are about the same (maybe 20-60 lbs depending on transmission and package). I saw K-Power were doing k-swaps in the first gen, but man that is pricey!

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
Huh, I would have expected the track bRED to be unique to Toyota (as signature color), just like the BRZ has the unique WR Blue Pearl
I'm not even sure Toyota developed the colour - Subaru was the ones spruking the new tri-colour gloss and how it was developed in the Japanese videos.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm not even sure Toyota developed the colour - Subaru was the ones spruking the new tri-colour gloss and how it was developed in the Japanese videos.
I would’ve loved for Toyota to have their own colors but anything outside of the Lexus lineup is pretty boring anyways. Besides their pearl white, Toyota’s pearl makes the 86/BRZ pearl look like flat white paint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think there is much to gain putting the 2.4 into a first gen since the car weights between first gen and second gen are about the same (maybe 20-60 lbs depending on transmission and package). I saw K-Power were doing k-swaps in the first gen, but man that is pricey!
It will be an option when the 2.0 fails. Probably one of the more affordable upgrade options.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have a link to those videos? I'd love to see that

The unique color for Toyota is Neptune blue.
Right, however, I wouldn't associate Toyota the brand with that specific color. When I think of Subaru, I think of WR blue. When I think of Toyota, I think of red for some reason. On the crossover poster, they also promoted the new GR86 in red while Subaru promoted the BRZ in blue

·
Registered
395 Posts
Do you have a link to those videos? I'd love to see that

Right, however, I wouldn't associate Toyota the brand with that specific color. When I think of Subaru, I think of WR blue. When I think of Toyota, I think of red for some reason. On the crossover poster, they also promoted the new GR86 in red while Subaru promoted the BRZ in blue
I mean outside of partnerships their signature colors are red, white and blue ironically.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It depends on what the end goal will be. Ours will see quite a bit of track time. For that, tires, brakes and suspension geometry changes. And of course engine tuning - it's my specialty and we're starting at a much higher level already than the 2.0 so that will be pretty great.
I will be heading down this path eventually too. I have never owned a RWD car so my plan is to start out stock with upgraded pads/tires for some autocross experience, maybe 2 years? Then move onto some lapping events. Maybe some ice racing events, and if Im feeling brave enough, some rallycross too lol. All good experience for building up my driver mod. I have done all of that(minus lapping) in FWD cars, now its onto RWD. So happy Toyota and Subaru stepped up to offer these cars to us for another generation, we are extremely lucky 😎

·
Super Moderator
305 Posts
I would’ve loved for Toyota to have their own colors but anything outside of the Lexus lineup is pretty boring anyways. Besides their pearl white, Toyota’s pearl makes the 86/BRZ pearl look like flat white paint.
I'll agree with that, but not the 2012 Pegasus White - that was a hell of a silky white colour.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts