Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got to see one in person. Coming from a 500 Abarth this car is low! I'm not a tall person but getting in and out will be a slightly slower process than the Fiat. Once your in its pretty good. Seats are well bolstered. I did notice that lower back support is lacking a little. However I found that if I raised my seat a little bit it shifted my weight. While this is clearly not a luxury car the interior quality is a definite step up from the Abarth. Also it is pretty easy to see out of. Looking out the front you can see both fender wells. Rear visibility is just as good if not better than the Abarth. You do get a feeling of snugness in the car. I was not allowed to drive it but I did turn on the engine and gave it some revs. It does not have that great exhaust sound of the Abarth but the engine sounded decent. I checked out the trunk. Not super large but 3 times the size of the trunk of the Abarth. I had never seen the engine bay of a BRZ or 86 before. I assume its looks pretty similar to version one. What struck me was how accessible the fluid reservoir were. The oil filter is right next to the dipstick unlike the Abarth being under the car. Only the brake fluid is by the fire wall. Overall the engine compartment is very well thought out. I placed an order with a $500 deposit for a limited manual in Ice Silver Metallic for March 2022 delivery. My only option was the under dash lighting.

·
Registered
603 Posts
So I finally got to see one in person. Coming from a 500 Abarth this car is low! I'm not a tall person but getting in and out will be a slightly slower process than the Fiat. Once your in its pretty good. Seats are well bolstered. I did notice that lower back support is lacking a little. However I found that if I raised my seat a little bit it shifted my weight. While this is clearly not a luxury car the interior quality is a definite step up from the Abarth. Also it is pretty easy to see out of. Looking out the front you can see both fender wells. Rear visibility is just as good if not better than the Abarth. You do get a feeling of snugness in the car. I was not allowed to drive it but I did turn on the engine and gave it some revs. It does not have that great exhaust sound of the Abarth but the engine sounded decent. I checked out the trunk. Not super large but 3 times the size of the trunk of the Abarth. I had never seen the engine bay of a BRZ or 86 before. I assume its looks pretty similar to version one. What struck me was how accessible the fluid reservoir were. The oil filter is right next to the dipstick unlike the Abarth being under the car. Only the brake fluid is by the fire wall. Overall the engine compartment is very well thought out. I placed an order with a $500 deposit for a limited manual in Ice Silver Metallic for March 2022 delivery. My only option was the under dash lighting.
Yup it’s very easy as far as maintenance, spark plugs can can a little tricky but it’s awesome to work on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts