Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going y'all, I just got a brand new 2022 GR86 base model a few days ago. When i say brand new it's brand tf new. She spent her whole existence inside the show room until I bought her. I wanted to quickly give her a wash because of the pollen but I'm committed to not taker her to those drive-in car washes. so I took her to a wash-yourself- car wash with the power hoses (bad mistake) and I noticed the driver side rubber weather strip (going from up and down) was all torn up and cut (not badly but it's noticeable) and I'm wondering if anyone could give me advise. Should i take her to the Toyota dealer and see if my warranty can fix it or should I buy the part and do it myself? If so can anyone point me to the right OEM part? I've worked on cars so It shouldn't be hard but I just need some advise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn what the fuq? Maybe damage from an auto car wash?

edit: you mentioned a car wash in the original post. brush car wash or touchless?
I only used the power hose from a distance. I will never use those crusty brushes. Didn’t think the pressure would tear the damn rubber. Note to self and others who have an 86. NEVER USE THE POWER HOSE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts