Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the differences between the two and do they sound the same? Also do the ones out right now fit the new 2022 model BRZ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Interesting question. The 3.0 has larger piping and is heavier, and while theoretically it should allow for more flow, it also allows for exhaust gases to cool more rapidly. On the previous gen, Perrin claimed a 10HP gain on the 2.5 and just 1 or 2HP on the 3.0.

I've seen multiple posts stating that the current Perrin 2.5 Catback fits. Perrin however only lists the 3.0 as the only option for the 2022+ models. This was recent as of the last few days. Perrin stated that the 2.5 doesn't fit when I reached out to them earlier this week. I don't know if they discovered an incompatibility, if the 2022 needs more flow, or just haven't tested the 2.5.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Fujitsubo just released a dual exhaust with a 65mm main pipe section (2.5”~). They are saying 4kw and 6nm gain

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting question. The 3.0 has larger piping and is heavier, and while theoretically it should allow for more flow, it also allows for exhaust gases to cool more rapidly. On the previous gen, Perrin claimed a 10HP gain on the 2.5 and just 1 or 2HP on the 3.0.

I've seen multiple posts stating that the current Perrin 2.5 Catback fits. Perrin however only lists the 3.0 as the only option for the 2022+ models. This was recent as of the last few days. Perrin stated that the 2.5 doesn't fit when I reached out to them earlier this week. I don't know if they discovered an incompatibility, if the 2022 needs more flow, or just haven't tested the 2.5.
thanks for this! so it the power gain on the 3.0 still just 1 or 2hp on the 2022 model?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Individual members have put 1st gen catbacks on the 2nd gen without any problems. Lots of photos showing perfect fitment of several catbacks (not ALL fit). I've seen a few saying that Perrin, Corsa, and one of the MXP exhausts fit the 2nd gen.

Perrin however is only listing the 3.0" tubing for the 2022. I had a 2.5" 1st gen catback on order with them, earlier this week I noticed they added the 2nd gen to the the list and only with the 3" tubing option. When I called they said the 2.5 doesn't fit the 2nd gen even though i've seen multiple cars running that config. Not sure if Perrin discovered something when testing and prefers the 3" version with the 2.4L or if they just didn't test the 2.5 and don't want to assume it's compatible.

To answer the question. We have photos of members who are running the 2.5" so it fits. Perrin is saying the 3" fits. So both should fit, not sure if there's a downside to the 2.5"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Individual members have put 1st gen catbacks on the 2nd gen without any problems. Lots of photos showing perfect fitment of several catbacks (not ALL fit). I've seen a few saying that Perrin, Corsa, and one of the MXP exhausts fit the 2nd gen.

Perrin however is only listing the 3.0" tubing for the 2022. I had a 2.5" 1st gen catback on order with them, earlier this week I noticed they added the 2nd gen to the the list and only with the 3" tubing option. When I called they said the 2.5 doesn't fit the 2nd gen even though i've seen multiple cars running that config. Not sure if Perrin discovered something when testing and prefers the 3" version with the 2.4L or if they just didn't test the 2.5 and don't want to assume it's compatible.

To answer the question. We have photos of members who are running the 2.5" so it fits. Perrin is saying the 3" fits. So both should fit, not sure if there's a downside to the 2.5"

thanks a lot! yea a couple local shops are suggesting 3.0 as well for the 22+ model. Idk if thats bc its based on the website or facts but to be safe ill prob go with 3.0 - assuming theres no huge differences

1 - 8 of 8 Posts