Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I spotted on this video, between minute 15:15 and 15:45, what it seems to be a rev matching function for the manual transmission. Do you think is this correct?
Have a nice day

·
Super Moderator
237 Posts
Hi guys, I spotted on this video, between minute 15:15 and 15:45, what it seems to be a rev matching function for the manual transmission. Do you think is this correct?
Have a nice day

Unfortunately not. I'm pretty sure it's all about setting up launch control procedure.
Looks like setting the gear shift buzzer, launch control or rev matching would be amazing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd actually be happiest if it does not have rev matching. Too many cars today automatically do it as soon as you engage sport mode. In some, you can't even turn it off.

In a simple lightweight car like this, I'd rather manage engine myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd actually be happiest if it does not have rev matching. Too many cars today automatically do it as soon as you engage sport mode. In some, you can't even turn it off.

In a simple lightweight car like this, I'd rather manage engine myself.
According to @Chris Tonn AMA there is no auto-rev match in the GR86.
Thank god, I hate auto revmatching. Thankfully it's almost always able to be turned off.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would be glad if this feature was available with the option to turn it on and off at any time. What a pity!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thank god, I hate auto revmatching. Thankfully it's almost always able to be turned off.
If it was a full Toyota bred sports car it would’ve definitely had that iMT trans with the auto rev matching feature you can turn on or off. But it’s a great transmission either way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drove a Civic Type R over the weekend and the rev-matching was nice...but I feel like it took a bit of the skill and fun away from driving it. Luckily I found out you can turn it off though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts