Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the 2022 BRZ / GR 86 will be coming with plastic intake manifold, do you guys think that when the refresh comes it will be fitted with the red aluminum intake manifold as pictured below from the 1st-gen twins refresh?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why though? besides looks. It's heavier, heat soaks easier, etc. It's not like aluminum somehow flows air better. And being NA, holding pressure isn't a concern, though as far as I know the WRX plastic manifolds never had trouble. Infact the 08-14 plastic manifolds flow better than the STI aluminum ones.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why though? besides looks. It's heavier, heat soaks easier, etc. It's not like aluminum somehow flows air better. And being NA, holding pressure isn't a concern, though as far as I know the WRX plastic manifolds never had trouble. Infact the 08-14 plastic manifolds flow better than the STI aluminum ones.
I believe with the 1st-gen twins, replacing the plastic with aluminum intake manifold has allowed the engine to produce 5 more horsepower. That’s the only advantage I see. Aside from that, it just looks more durable.

·
Registered
Honda S2000, Subaru Outback
15 Posts
I hope we hear more about the red carpet interior shown in the JDM model!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts