Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
NOPE, they all charge absurd markups. The least I've seen is just about 2k markups, some dealerships on the island can do 3k markups. The rest of them don't want to budge from their dumb 5-6k markups.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has been my experience as well. Even 8 years ago when I bought my last Toyota, I wound up taking the ferry to Connecticut for a better deal and a much better customer service attitude. Unfortunately even that dealer is selling the cars with ‘dealer installed accessories’, none of which interested me.

I have not been even able to see a car yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is so disheartening to hear, I really despise this market, and these dealers. I was able to actually see a car when I went to the NY International Auto Show, but never at a dealer. One friend saw one at a dealer as it was just waiting for it's owner to pick it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes - this is why I wound up putting in a order for a 2023 BRZ instead, it’s not estimated to be here until November, but I’m not in a rush and I won’t be paying over msrp.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I considered a BRZ, the only thing was I wanted Neptune blue and I like the front end of the 86 more. If I got a BRZ I would end up getting it wrapped and probably eventually an after market front end. Essentially paying the similar pricing in the end. Then again I guess it wouldn't be going to a greedy dealer and just going to a hard working person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I considered a BRZ, the only thing was I wanted Neptune blue and I like the front end of the 86 more. If I got a BRZ I would end up getting it wrapped and probably eventually an after market front end. Essentially paying the similar pricing in the end. Then again I guess it wouldn't be going to a greedy dealer and just going to a hard working person.
you can try hillside and star toyota in queens if anything. Theyhave sold at msrp in the past, not aure about currently

·
Registered
33 Posts
I considered a BRZ, the only thing was I wanted Neptune blue and I like the front end of the 86 more.
I'm with you -- I wanted Neptune Blue and I like the GR86's front end a little bit better. But everything else pointed me the other way and I ordered a BRZ. I was able to order a car instead of playing Toyota's allocation game, putting my name in with multiple dealerships, waiting and wondering if and when I might get a car. I got it at MSRP instead of paying crazy money for markup or dealer-mandated add-ons. And my Subaru dealer treated me way better than my local Toyota dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have any Toyota dealers in the NY LI area?

I've been looking for one in NY LI area too. Neptune blue base trim manual. I've called every single place around our area and so far Competition subaru has a 2300 markup and star toyota is selling it for msrp but they have like 40 people waiting and no allocation as of yet so it'll be a really long wait. I found one in North Carolina that has the exact specs I want and selling at msrp and is arriving in 20 days and i acted quick. My advice is Ny is close to impossible to get one so try somewhere out of state instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been looking for one in NY LI area too. Neptune blue base trim manual. I've called every single place around our area and so far Competition subaru has a 2300 markup and star toyota is selling it for msrp but they have like 40 people waiting and no allocation as of yet so it'll be a really long wait. I found one in North Carolina that has the exact specs I want and selling at msrp and is arriving in 20 days and i acted quick. My advice is Ny is close to impossible to get one so try somewhere out of state instead.
Yeah, LI and most of the south eastern corridor of NY has markup and mainly get ATs. Farther Upstate does MSRP from time to time. Ive tried other dealerships out of state, like CT, and MA but they only sell to in state residents.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts