Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top Reason: it's not turbocharged. Instead the 2022 GR86 gets a slight power bump to 217 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque, from a Subaru-sourced FA24 2.4-liter Boxer engine. That's if the Japanese source mention here that leaked this powertrain info is right (which they likely are)..

It might not turn out to be a deal-breaker but I still think we're due for more power.
Closer to 250 hp?

What would make you hate the next 86/BRZ?

·
Administrator
6 Posts
Top Reason: it's not turbocharged. Instead the 2022 GR86 gets a slight power bump to 217 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque, from a Subaru-sourced FA24 2.4-liter Boxer engine. That's if the Japanese source mention here that leaked this powertrain info is right (which they likely are)..

It might not turn out to be a deal-breaker but I still think we're due for more power.
Closer to 250 hp?

What would make you hate the next 86/BRZ?
Yea... why so angry?

Honestly, it better have 250-hp. But even if it doesn't I bet it will still be fantastic!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Haha I feel like its a little early for this thread:LOL:
We barely have any true info on this car yet other then its name.
I think turbo or no turbo its going to be a great car as long as they stick with the front engine rear wheel drive combo and keep the weight down lower then the four cylinder supra. Oh and also don't make it look ugly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts