Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner

When will the pricing for the GR86 FINALLY be revealed?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
261 Posts
Rectangle Font Circle Electric blue Paper product

Let's see if I got it right when the final price comes out lol. I have a feeling Raiti knows already, just he's under NDA.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Toyota dealership hasn't heard a thing. I know a great deal more than them. In Australia, fans may have a LONG wait.
This is definitely aimed at the states, I pity my brothers in the land down under. 😥

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
View attachment 2115

Let's see if I got it right when the final price comes out lol. I have a feeling Raiti knows already, just he's under NDA.
Haha! You did call it, he said “in a month” like he was certain, not even a “maybe” so yeah I’d say he’s been given the down low and as you said is under NDA. I still don’t understand how Toyota plans to release pricing for a vehicle in October that they still are aiming to have orders out in November?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Haha! You did call it, he said “in a month” like he was certain, not even a “maybe” so yeah I’d say he’s been given the down low and as you said is under NDA. I still don’t understand how Toyota plans to release pricing for a vehicle in October that they still are aiming to have out in November? How will this work for people ordering them? Surely that’s not enough time, maybe if they are ordered we can at least expect them in December?
If you check my earlier posts the Canadian/USA dates are not a secret.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Haha! You did call it, he said “in a month” like he was certain, not even a “maybe” so yeah I’d say he’s been given the down low and as you said is under NDA. I still don’t understand how Toyota plans to release pricing for a vehicle in October that they still are aiming to have out in November? How will this work for people ordering them? Surely that’s not enough time, maybe if they are ordered we can at least expect them in December?
They could be figuring things out with the whole shortage and etc. Toyota has some type of plan I’m sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Take this with a grain of salt, unless Toyota says it themselves, stuff like this means nothing
That’s true, I still have a feeling it could be this month we get pricing. Looking at the timeframe it took Subaru to build orders it got from customers, it seems it takes about 3 months for a car to be produced from the second the order is placed to the day it arrives. September would put Toyota on track for their November landing but October would put that time around December.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Take this with a grain of salt, unless Toyota says it themselves, stuff like this means nothing
And as you said, Toyota has announced absolutely no intention on being late and as of 2 weeks ago was still telling journalist it would be here in November.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
261 Posts
View attachment 2117

Kudos to the first person to translate the important bits. However, the meaning is obvious.
It's a special exhibition to show off the GR 86 exclusive to GR Garage before the actual release. The 1, 2 and 3 is that you can get a special GR coaster if you show the staff at the GR Garage store you did all those steps.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That’s true, I still have a feeling it could be this month we get pricing. Looking at the timeframe it took Subaru to build orders it got from customers, it seems it takes about 3 months for a car to be produced from the second the order is placed to the day it arrives. September would put Toyota on track for their November landing but October would put that time around December.
If Raiti’s is right, then yeah it would be Decemberish which sounds about right. Things change all the time. Even though the GR86 is new it’s not a priority for Toyota in the grand scheme of things, they just need to push it out this year to stay on track. Hopefully it’s sooner then later but I’d rather them take their time then to just push stuff out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If Raiti’s is right, then yeah it would be Decemberish which sounds about right. Things change all the time. Even though the GR86 is new it’s not a priority for Toyota in the grand scheme of things, they just need to push it out this year to stay on track. Hopefully it’s sooner then later but I’d rather them take their time then to just push stuff out.
100% agree with you, though I’d really like them to stay on schedule and easily think they can. I think it’s more what you said and they simply don’t really care to give it the press because it has such a dedicated fan base and it has no competition as well as being a low sales vehicle for Toyota.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts