Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I spent yesterday putting in inquiries to dealers all around Houston and all but one (who had a 5K markup) avoided the pricing discussion but still told me I could put down a preorder. I'd try to get in writing the terms at which they will refund your deposit if they won't make any promises about the price offered.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just make sure all deposits are fully refundable before you put any down. This is on any vehicle that is not already on lots all over the country that you haven't custom ordered. With how in demand this car will most likely be, you are going to have to have in writing any deal that would be non refundable before you give it to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I called 3 dealerships in my town. They all said they still haven't been told the price and they're saying they won't take a deposit since they don't know if they're even gonna get it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The dealer I put a deposit and got a waitlist on said they only sell MSRP. I would really recommend you not buy a marked up GR86/BRZ. It will only encourage those dealers. If you have to, travel out of state and drive it home. It would be a great inaugural trip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
still trying to figure out with my local dealer to see what's going on (NY region). I will put down deposit only if they agree to sell @ MRSP. so far I am only approaching one dealer seriously, the dealer I picked is a large-size dealer (so they have lots of inventory, hoping they do on volume instead of marking up on individual order)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're in the North Dallas Area.
These are the only dealers who are selling at MSRP. And they told me they have never adjusted market price

• Classic Toyota of Texoma (Denison, Tx)
  • Longo Toyota of Prosper (Prosper Tx)
  • Rockwell of Texas (Rockwell, Tx)
Rockwell of Toyota is the only one taking reservations/deposits right now though but its pretty high, I decided to not put one down cause it's a $1000 and guy is saying it might not be non-refundable. Also Rockwell is the only one in the city guaranteeing they are gonna get the cars. So I'll just wait till it comes out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
These are the only dealers who are selling at MSRP. And they told me they have never adjusted market price

Rockwell of Toyota is the only one taking reservations/deposits right now though but its pretty high, I decided to not put one down cause it's a $1000 and guy is saying it might not be non-refundable. Also Rockwell is the only one in the city guaranteeing they are gonna get the cars. So I'll just wait till it comes out.
thumbs up for your hard work and sharing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a deposit of $2000 down at Kelowna Toyota, and the guy said he wouldn't keep the the deposit forever (6 months or so) but there was only 2 other pre-orders and one of em cancelled already. We ordered the car on his computer since they have prices and manufacture codes (dealer codes)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a deposit of $2000 down at Kelowna Toyota, and the guy said he wouldn't keep the the deposit forever (6 months or so) but there was only 2 other pre-orders and one of em cancelled already. We ordered the car on his computer since they have prices and manufacture codes (dealer codes)
And the sales manager printed up a quote on what it's going to cost plus freight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Thanks man! I live in frisco, I called the prosper one but the guy on the phone said he never heard of GR86.. and the one beside the toyota HQ won't give any guarantee just keep pushing me to place a 1000 non-refundable deposit..

definitely will try the ones you list here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those in Texas, Cedar Park Toyota located outside of Austin is taking $1000 refundable deposits on the GR86 at MSRP. Only dealer added on options are tint and wheel locks for an additional $600. I opted out of the wheel locks, cause who is gonna steal some stock wheels.. Lets be honest. So the tint is like $450 dealer added on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks man! I live in frisco, I called the prosper one but the guy on the phone said he never heard of GR86.. and the one beside the toyota HQ won't give any guarantee just keep pushing me to place a 1000 non-refundable deposit..

definitely will try the ones you list here.
This is the Rockwalls extra service. The guy at the dealership. Is really trying to edge me on putting down the $1000 deposit without really knowing any information of the GR86. So total cost will be around $31,000-$33,000 depending if you get the premium or base.
Just make sure when you do put down the deposit that you are 1000% sure you’re gonna get it. Cause even though I love this car. Im honestly debating on another car cause of how hectic my driving life is.
Product Font Material property Recipe Menu

·
Registered
268 Posts
WOW! That’s a whole lot of BS. I’ve never heard of a dealer charging for shuttle service. Wheel lock option is about $65. There is no evidence that nitrogen in tires is better than air.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW! That’s a whole lot of BS. I’ve never heard of a dealer charging for shuttle service. Wheel lock option is about $65. There is no evidence that nitrogen in tires is better than air.
Shuttle service don’t even work for me cause I live 40mins away from the dealership, this is why I’m very iffy about putting a deposit there. The other ones I’ve listed and the other local dealers, their service is more/less then $2000 but at least they aren’t BSing. Only thing is Rockwell is the only one guaranteeing they are gonna get it. Which is the only sad part. Other dealerships in my area are refusing to put down a down payment cause they don’t even know if they’ll get one.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts