Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
WR Blue Pearl 2022 BRZ Limited 6AT
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I visited my local dealer to get the license plate mount for the front of my BRZ - the "universal" license plate mount they gave me fits the holes in the front bumper, but none of the provided screws fit - all are the wrong size or thread pitch. The parts guy had to go digging in his shop for the right hardware - eventually came back with 2x 10mm hex bolts, that ended up working.

Be aware, test fit before you leave the dealer.

-Justin

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello all,

I visited my local dealer to get the license plate mount for the front of my BRZ - the "universal" license plate mount they gave me fits the holes in the front bumper, but none of the provided screws fit - all are the wrong size or thread pitch. The parts guy had to go digging in his shop for the right hardware - eventually came back with 2x 10mm hex bolts, that ended up working.

Be aware, test fit before you leave the dealer.

-Justin
It fits you just have to get different screws. I'm surprised 10mm fit. The threads are M6. But yeah i was frustrated when I got home and had to go get the correct screws.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The threads are not M6 - they are something slightly bigger. M6 will work but they will work loose eventually.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The threads are not M6 - they are something slightly bigger. M6 will work but they will work loose eventually.
I didnt think they were but the ones i have fit. but then again, they were from a aftermarket kit that said M6 but could have been mislabeled lol, either way mine are sold and wont rattle lose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts