Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
I love how it looks every bit like the concept and now has some street legal things along with a sensor up front for autonomous driving tech.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love how it looks every bit like the concept and now has some street legal things along with a sensor up front for autonomous driving tech.
Same here. Not often to production models match the concept so closely. Nissan should do well with this car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
With sports cars that have had a previous history nostalgia is a very important element. Like the concept this is a pretty car. It is refreshing to see a production car that is so close to the concept. (Are you listening Subaru?). The design is sightly conservative but should age well. It may be a little color dependent as well. I think bright colors suit this car better than dark or muted colors. Reds, oranges and of course yellow. Now its down to re-working the chassis and suspension to handle the extra weight of that V6 turbo. If anyone is capable its Nissan. The GTR even today still has good handling chops and really forced competitors to play catch up when it first came out.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With sports cars that have had a previous history nostalgia is a very important element. Like the concept this is a pretty car. It is refreshing to see a production car that is so close to the concept. (Are you listening Subaru?). The design is sightly conservative but should age well. It may be a little color dependent as well. I think bright colors suit this car better than dark or muted colors. Reds, oranges and of course yellow. Now its down to re-working the chassis and suspension to handle the extra weight of that V6 turbo. If anyone is capable its Nissan. The GTR even today still has good handling chops and really forced competitors to play catch up when it first came out.
I agree with you on the colors. If anyone gets the Z and doesn't go with bright colors you're doing it a disservice.

The GT-R truly set the bar when it came out. With the new Z coming out I wonder what Nissan has in store for the next GT-R.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The question is will they do a new GTR or if they do it will it be a hybrid?
I'm 100% sure an R36 GT-R will happen. Hybrid is a must with all the supercar makers headed that direction and those that have already. Its a lot to ask for and not something Nissan is doing anywhere else. Which might explain why its taking so long.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like the rear-end or 300zx look. I wish the front-end would be more aggressive like the 86/BRZ twins. To me the huge front grill looks too bland. Almost as if the designers rushed or wanted more money and Nissan wouldn't pay... I get it is supposed look like the old Zs but just looks to plain. I also like the interior...atleast the concept one. It will be interesting to see where this stacks up against the Supra?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts