Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a dealership change the price of a car after being reserved and pre-approved?

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
298 Posts
Can a dealership change the price of a car after being reserved and pre-approved?
Yep. If you did not get a copy of the deal signed by a sales manager or higher, it would not surprise me at all to see them try to force extra junk or fees when the car shows up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. If you did not get a copy of the deal signed by a sales manager or higher, it would not surprise me at all to see them try to force extra junk or fees when the car shows up.
Not really, all i got was the receipt of the reservation, i sent them the approval letter and that was it. All dealers have really high mark ups but the one that im getting has no markups so im wondering if they can change it

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you did not get a signed deal from them stating purchase price and approved options then they can change the price to double the MSRP and that's what you would have to pay for it if you decided to go through with the deal. Luckily for you, if you didn't get any signed paperwork that legally binds you to the purchase, you can tell them to pound sand and go elsewhere. Hell, you can legally tell them to pound sand at any time before you drive the vehicle off the lot so far as I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts