Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting in this forum and just thought I would share the price I will pay for my BRZ. I live in Iowa and ordered a 2022 BRZ limited 6 speed manual in world rally blue. Msrp is 31,455 and negotiated a price of 30,500 on the car plus 180.00 doc fee so my out the door price was 30,680. Not sure if this is a good or bad price since it was a preordered car and the market is crazy right now. I did call around and know other dealers would not match the price so maybe a decent deal? Just thought I would share my experience since I didn't find much on the internet as far as what to expect to pay.

·
Registered
463 Posts
First time posting in this forum and just thought I would share the price I will pay for my BRZ. I live in Iowa and ordered a 2022 BRZ limited 6 speed manual in world rally blue. Msrp is 31,455 and negotiated a price of 30,500 on the car plus 180.00 doc fee so my out the door price was 30,680. Not sure if this is a good or bad price since it was a preordered car and the market is crazy right now. I did call around and know other dealers would not match the price so maybe a decent deal? Just thought I would share my experience since I didn't find much on the internet as far as what to expect to pay.
Welcome to the forum @Maaudiosubs! I'm surprised you were able to get below MSRP, nicely done! On a car like this sometimes you're lucky just to pay MSRP. What convinced you to go with the BRZ instead of the GR86?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just called around to be honest. I let them throw out the first price then I counter lower. They offered 30,800 after talking to the manager. I said no thanks told them my offer was 30,500 so I left but did tell them to go ask the owner and if they did 30,500 that I would buy it. I called the next day and they said the owner said yes. So 30,500 plus 180 doc fee. I figure there more likely to take my lower offer if I say I will buy at that price.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
291 Posts
Just called around to be honest. I let them throw out the first price then I counter lower. They offered 30,800 after talking to the manager. I said no thanks told them my offer was 30,500 so I left but did tell them to go ask the owner and if they did 30,500 that I would buy it. I called the next day and they said the owner said yes. So 30,500 plus 180 doc fee. I figure there more likely to take my lower offer if I say I will buy at that price.
So you didn't go to the dealer to do the negotiation? It was all over the phone? Did you ask what is the out the door price from the start? or did you just wait until they throw you the price? Did you add any other accessories or just the base car? Also, are you buying the car outright or doing finance/lease? Sorry for so many questions, this will be my first car that I'll be buying with my own money and I've never bought a car before :D

·
Registered
Toyota
31 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you didn't go to the dealer to do the negotiation? It was all over the phone? Did you ask what is the out the door price from the start? or did you just wait until they throw you the price? Did you add any other accessories or just the base car? Also, are you buying the car outright or doing finance/lease? Sorry for so many questions, this will be my first car that I'll be buying with my own money and I've never bought a car before :D
I went in person friday then got a text from the sales person Saturday saying they excepted my offer. I told the sales guy I would buy if the price was right so that way he had to come up with a number first. They came up with 30,800 I said I need 30,500 if you can do that I will buy. He said they had to stay at 30,800 so I left that day but said well if you want to ask the owner and if they will do 30,500 I would buy it. I ordered the limited with no options just a 6 speed manual. He said I needed 1000 down and that I could finance threw them or find my own financing. I did say I have about 10,000 I would put toward the car if I finance with them. But ya I'm financing about 20,000 putting about 10,000 cash towards it. I would ask for out the door price so that include all fees. Any more ?s ask away.

·
Registered
2023 Toyota GR ハチロク
291 Posts
I went in person friday then got a text from the sales person Saturday saying they excepted my offer. I told the sales guy I would buy if the price was right so that way he had to come up with a number first. They came up with 30,800 I said I need 30,500 if you can do that I will buy. He said they had to stay at 30,800 so I left that day but said well if you want to ask the owner and if they will do 30,500 I would buy it. I ordered the limited with no options just a 6 speed manual. He said I needed 1000 down and that I could finance threw them or find my own financing. I did say I have about 10,000 I would put toward the car if I finance with them. But ya I'm financing about 20,000 putting about 10,000 cash towards it. I would ask for out the door price so that include all fees. Any more ?s ask away.
So when you were phoning around, were you asking for an offer/out the door pricing before you went in person to the dealership? Or did you phone around all the nearby dealerships to get pricing and then decide to go with one of the offers and then go into the dealership to negotiate more?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So when you were phoning around, were you asking for an offer/out the door pricing before you went in person to the dealership? Or did you phone around all the nearby dealerships to get pricing and then decide to go with one of the offers and then go into the dealership to negotiate more?
I called for the cheapest out the door price. My local dealer happened to be the only dealer to go below msrp. I think the only reason they sold it cheaper to me is they don't stock brzs so they could order it and make a little money on it or not make any money at all. Where as other dealers would stock them because they have the clientele to buy them. They can get msrp easy since If I didn't like the price someone else would buy at that price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts