Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla Hatchback 2019
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! As BRZs make their way here, I am both extremely excited and very worried at the same time. I have a pre-order on a BRZ Limited trim 6 speed manual transmission in ignition red. The dealer that I'm working with said arrival is expected November 28th and I have received the window sticker as well as a vin.

This might be too early to ask but, I know that a handful of people got their pre-ordered cars. Did the dealer honor the price on the VON? Or did they hit you with a last minute markup?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm seeing ridiculous markups on these vehicles.
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Receipt Sleeve Font Material property Handwriting

I wonder if these are extra inventory the dealer ordered, or these are canceled pre-orders.

I've previously worked with the dealer that i pre-ordered the brz from. I purchased my corolla from them and they took care of me before. Unfortunately these are different times so I'm also bracing for the worst.

Let's hear your experiences. Good luck out there!

·
Registered
Ordered: '22 LTD AT Sapphire Blue Pearl
88 Posts
I have price quotes for my pre-order in writing in two different formats. There was no markup over MSRP.

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
78 Posts
Gotta get that stuff in writing. I just placed my preorder last week. 1st I called asking dealers if they were charging markups. To my surprise the 2nd place I tried said no. I printed out my build sheet with exactly what I wanted before I even got there. Then I had them print me out the full deal paperwork showing tax, title, plates... the whole deal. We both signed it... done deal no going back. To be honest this is the 1st car I paid MSRP for and that itself kinda hurts. I always get deals. I preordered my 2007 mazdaspeed 3 before a single one was in the USA and still got money off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Get it in email writing from the dealer. I managed to get 1k off MSRP and I re-iterated multiple times in an email chain confirming that there will be no markup, sales person wrote to me that "I can confirm that there will be no chance we will mark up your order, the number on your invoice is the exact amount you'll pay when it arrives".

I've asked twice so far and also asked a manger because I wanted to be sure I had tons of proof if they even try to mark it up more than the price we agreed on.

·
Registered
88 Posts
@suhhh well done to get under MSRP. To be honest, when they quoted MSRP I didn't even dicker.

Reactions: suhhh and Dagna

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know why people just accept these markups. It would be like Walmart or Best Buy Marking up the price of a PS5. It is one thing for the consumer to do it but another for the actual retailer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got a signed order for no markup, but the dealer I ordered it from has two listed online as "in transit" with $500 discounts...BUT when I asked if I could get the $500 discount, they said I wouldn't want it because it also comes with a $1400 dealer markup for people who come in with an appointment, and $2800 markup for people who just walk in cold. WTH?

They did reiterate that my deal was straight MSRP.

·
Registered
47 Posts
@suhhh well done to get under MSRP. To be honest, when they quoted MSRP I didn't even dicker.
Thanks man, I actually didn't even really try to get it down more but I just got super lucky.

Called around to dealers in my area and basically every single one is doing MSRP, I started to ask if any one can negate some fees instead and this one salesman said "I can do you even better than that" and offered me 1k below MSRP right off the bat.

Absolutely crazy that he said that so soon but after he said that I didn't even try to negotiate more. I then took the email he sent me after he said it in writing and I forwarded it to my local dealer (since the other was a bit far) and asked if they could price match, they said they could do it no problem.

This is also my first subaru so I'm still amazed I got this much off without any subaru loyalty discounts

·
Registered
88 Posts
@suhhh Wow, I wish I'd have negotiated more!

Reactions: suhhh

·
Registered
47 Posts
@suhhh Wow, I wish I'd have negotiated more!
Yeah I feel you man, tbh I was grateful to even get MSRP during this time that's why I didn't try to actively negotiate every dealer. I asked my salesman about this and how they are able to discount that much and he said something along the lines that the dealers get good incentives with preorders or something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts