Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, wondering if anyone did a pre-order with local dealer, I approached one dealer from long-island, they said they don't have the info. talking to one dealer in another state, trying to find out what they can do.

Update-11/19: I spoke to a contact (referred by my friend) from a different dealer, they don't have the exact information for allocation, but they are taking deposit for a factory pre-order. they will get delivery and manufacture information update (now, they don't really have timing expectation) after thanks giving.

THEY DONT MARK-UP MRSP

BUT -> the deposit is non-refundable. (1000 dollars towards the purchase)
BUT -> they charge a shield (dealer) package - around (1000) that is mandatory

--- mandatory package == indirect MARKUP IMO ---

Getting a Base with shift knob added. Adding all up -> Around 33600 ALL-IN after-tax.
if anyone interested, PM me, I will share the contact privately.

Frankly, zero mark-up and no additional mandatory/required package/option will be ideal.

if anyone happen to know a dealer in tri-state or nearby (driving distance) who take pre-order @MRSP please please let me know

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A dealership told me once they update the website to show the GR86 in the current line up then their system should be updated too
That’s the same answer I got from dealer on Long Island, they said they need to be able to build and configure from the website in order to take a pre-order.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No dealership has any info whatsoever, some will take orders, some won't.

Until Toyota gives the US official news on anything, it's going to pretty much stay that way
Price is already revealed. The response I got seems dealer might have some allocation already, but dealer don’t know trim/spec, they might just blindly take what they can get from factory at current market condition.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Price is already revealed. The response I got seems dealer might have some allocation already, but dealer don’t know trim/spec, they might just blindly take what they can get from factory at current market condition.
For the US? I know Canada got theirs but did we? I'm sure Toyota dealerships would of been updated if price was out lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the US? I know Canada got theirs but did we? I'm sure Toyota dealerships would of been updated if price was out lol

I believed US was released first.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I believed US was released first.
Ah, I thought it was only for Canada but weird a lot of dealership still don't know pricing yet lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
as long the configurator is not available on the website .. the dealers here in Upstate NY dun want to commit to anything ...
Preferencing is available now.

My dealer (south region) agreed to MSRP, nonrefundable $500 deposit. Said to be prepared for like 10-12 weeks but that could vary depending on how many people are preferencing the same build and when that combination comes off the line. They said in the past Gunma has put out some automatics first since they have historically had a higher take rate on the Toyotas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Preferencing is available now.

My dealer (south region) agreed to MSRP, nonrefundable $500 deposit. Said to be prepared for like 10-12 weeks but that could vary depending on how many people are preferencing the same build and when that combination comes off the line. They said in the past Gunma has put out some automatics first since they have historically had a higher take rate on the Toyotas.
do you mind sharing the dealer name that I can look them up?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The configurator is live, but my local dealer won't accept a pre-order.
SOME dealers (imo) need to see if they can get an allocation (some just blankly taking deposit to a waiting list). if they can, they mostly would be able to take one... if i have update on my end, I ll let you know. the one I talked to said I will get a firm answer tomorrow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SOME dealers (imo) need to see if they can get an allocation (some just blankly taking deposit to a waiting list). if they can, they mostly would be able to take one... if i have update on my end, I ll let you know. the one I talked to said I will get a firm answer tomorrow.
Cool. The dealers I've spoken with have now told me that Toyota is not allowing any orders due to the chip shortage. They also have said there are no allocations. Grim.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool. The dealers I've spoken with have now told me that Toyota is not allowing any orders due to the chip shortage. They also have said there are no allocations. Grim.
Happy to share my contact if you interested, I already updated the thread. I don't have an ETA yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts