Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium AT Trueno Blue
72 Posts
ahh gotcha, I assumed you were semi local. Yeah, has to be a train IMO

Seems like the train situation is pretty messed up as my gf has been waiting weeks for her A90 to make it up here from the southeast with no updates or ETA.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 MT Base - Trueno Blue
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The status finally changed to F 😄
Finally, a relief. Likely still wont get it until next week tho ;-;
I'll probably call the dealership tomorrow and see if they have a date or something. I don't imagine it's actually on a transport yet. But hopefully they'll have a date range for me finally

·
Registered
72 Posts
I honestly think it just shipped from Japan if it just changed to F, but who knows. It normally switches to F a couple days after the RoRo leaves Japan (takes about 12-14 days for this trip over) and remains that way in ship or train status (train adds time obv) until it gets within like 50miles of the invoicing dealer and then switches to G with a truck route.

But if dealers are saying it's further along, then either they're lying or the tracker is delayed/not updating. However, if that's the case then why is it still working fine for most (aside from ETAs not showing up).

·
Registered
2022 GR86 MT Base - Trueno Blue
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I honestly think it just shipped from Japan if it just changed to F, but who knows. It normally switches to F a couple days after the RoRo leaves Japan (takes about 12-14 days for this trip over) and remains that way in ship or train status (train adds time obv) until it gets within like 50miles of the invoicing dealer and then switches to G with a truck route.

But if dealers are saying it's further along, then either they're lying or the tracker is delayed/not updating. However, if that's the case then why is it still working fine for most (aside from ETAs not showing up).
I just have high hopes is all ;-;

·
Registered
78 Posts
According to the tracker (and it may be wrong for whatever reason; i.e. not updating), your car hasn't left Japan as of yet.

A= Allocated (in the process of being built +/-)
F= Freight (ship or rail)
G= Ground (invoiced to and on it's way to your local dealer)

Mine went through all of these statuses and I tracked it from Japan (found the ship etc) to my door. I wish you the best...

Brent Brown Toyota
  1. {vin: "JF1ZNBB19N9755621", stockNum: "T59855", brand: "TOYOTA", marketingSeries: "GR86",…}
    1. bed: {}
    2. bodyStyleDesc: "2+2 COUPE 6 SPD M/T"
    3. brand: "TOYOTA"
    4. cab: {}
    5. dealerCategory: "A"
    6. dealerCd: "43028"
    7. distributorCd: "TMNA"
    8. drivetrain: {code: "RWD", title: "RWD", bulletlist: "Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)"}
    9. engine: {engineCd: "2FN", name: "2.4L FA24 NA 4Cyl.", noOfCylinders: "4", horsepower: "228", fuelType: "G"}
    10. extColor: {colorCd: "0WCH", marketingName: "Trueno Blue", colorHexCd: "213182", nvsName: "TRUENO BLUE"}
    11. family: ["Cars & Minivan", "cars"]
    12. holdStatus: "DealerHold"
    13. intColor: {colorCd: "AM20",…}
    14. isPreSold: false
    15. isTempVin: false
    16. marketingSeries: "GR86"
    17. media: [{type: "carjellyimage",…}, {imageTag: "DS front 7/8", size: "1200_663_PNG", type: "exterior",…},…]
    18. model: {modelCd: "6253", phaseCd: "A", marketingName: "GR86 MT",…}
    19. mpg: {city: 20, highway: 27, combined: 22}
    20. mpge: {}
    21. options: [{optionCd: "91", marketingName: "GR Shift Knob [installed_msrp]",…},…]
    22. price: {baseMsrp: 27700, totalMsrp: 29360, optTotalMsrp: 635, dph: 1025}
    23. safetyRatings: {driver: "NOT RATED", passenger: "NOT RATED", front: "NOT RATED", rear: "NOT RATED",…}
    24. seating: 4
    25. seriesCode: "86"
    26. standardOptions: {safetyAndConvenience: [,…], mechanicalAndPerformance: ["Engine: D4-S Direct Injection Fuel System",…],…}
    27. stockNum: "T59855"
    28. transmission: {transmissionType: "6MT"}
    29. vin: "JF1ZNBB19N9755621"
    30. weightRating: "3682 lbs"
    31. year: 2022
How did you find out what ship it was on?

·
Registered
78 Posts
So, I'm not sure if there's just been like, a shipping delay when it comes to vehicles being ingested at the ports (which sounds about right tbh) but I really feel like 2 weeks is more than enough time for at least something to have happened already. Is 2 weeks a regular time to be waiting for your vehicle "At the port"
I'm just antsy because I signed back for my car back on the 27th with a promise of the vehicle going to be here "mid May" and nothing concrete. I just want to know if I should call the dealership already and get some more straight answers or something cause for the most part it feels like my salesman is blowing me off when I try to ask if anything new has happened.
I'm roaring to get into the vehicle already like most. I do have the VIN, but lotta good that does for me without the vehicle.
(Patience is only so thin already because the first car meet of the season is this weekend so I'm really hoping to have it 😅)
Mine was four days from offloading from the ship at Baltimore to the dealer in Toms River, NJ. Apparently the trucking was the delay.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How did you find out what ship it was on?
Researched and narrowed down Port of Toyohashi, JP, which seemed to be where the GR86 is loaded onto RoRo. Wrote down all the ships that departed day of or within previous couple days. I then researched and thought Long Beach was where the cars would come in, but then figured out that Port of Portland is the Toyota entry point for vehicles going into the PNW from Toyohashi. From there I kept an eye on the ETA and kept checking the expected section on the Port website and was able to narrow it down to one ship.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm just using one of the API trackers. Anyone can do it as said, but I don't mind doing it for people to help out.

Status showing as allocated (aka in the process of being built/sent to port)

Mark Miller Toyota:
  1. vin: "JF1ZNBF16N8756001", stockNum: "32318640T", brand: "TOYOTA", marketingSeries: "GR86",…}
    2. bodyStyleDesc: "2+2 COUPE 6 SPD A/T"
    6. dealerCd: "43020"
    8. drivetrain: {code: "RWD", title: "RWD", bulletlist: "Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)"}
    9. engine: {engineCd: "2FN", name: "2.4L FA24 NA 4Cyl.", noOfCylinders: "4", horsepower: "228", fuelType: "G"}
    10. extColor: {colorCd: "0G1U", marketingName: "Steel", colorHexCd: "808080", nvsName: "STEEL"}
    17. media: [{type: "carjellyimage",…}, {imageTag: "DS front 7/8", size: "1200_663_PNG", type: "exterior",…},…]
    18. model: {modelCd: "6254", phaseCd: "A", marketingName: "GR86 Premium AT",…}
    19. mpg: {city: 21, highway: 31, combined: 25}
    21. options: [{optionCd: "FE", marketingName: "50 State Emissions", optionType: "F", packageInd: false, msrp: 0},…]
    22. price: {baseMsrp: 31800, totalMsrp: 33074, optTotalMsrp: 249, dph: 1025}
    23. safetyRatings: {driver: "NOT RATED", passenger: "NOT RATED", front: "NOT RATED", rear: "NOT RATED",…}
    26. standardOptions: {,…}
    27. stockNum: "32318640T"
    28. transmission: {transmissionType: "6AT"}
    29. vin: "JF1ZNBF16N8756001"
    30. weightRating: "3748 lbs"

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to the tracker (and it may be wrong for whatever reason; i.e. not updating), your car hasn't left Japan as of yet.

A= Allocated (in the process of being built +/-)
F= Freight (ship or rail)
G= Ground (invoiced to and on it's way to your local dealer)

Mine went through all of these statuses and I tracked it from Japan (found the ship etc) to my door. I wish you the best...

Brent Brown Toyota
  1. {vin: "JF1ZNBB19N9755621", stockNum: "T59855", brand: "TOYOTA", marketingSeries: "GR86",…}
    6. dealerCd: "43028"
    10. extColor: {colorCd: "0WCH", marketingName: "Trueno Blue", colorHexCd: "213182", nvsName: "TRUENO BLUE"}
    18. model: {modelCd: "6253", phaseCd: "A", marketingName: "GR86 MT",…}
    21. options: [{optionCd: "91", marketingName: "GR Shift Knob [installed_msrp]",…},…]
    22. price: {baseMsrp: 27700, totalMsrp: 29360, optTotalMsrp: 635, dph: 1025}
    26. standardOptions: {safetyAndConvenience: [,…], mechanicalAndPerformance: ["Engine: D4-S Direct Injection Fuel System",…],…}
    27. stockNum: "T59855"
    29. vin: "JF1ZNBB19N9755621"
Your car is on a ship or train currently. No ETA for whatever reason...

Conicelli Toyota of Springfield
  1. {vin: "JF1ZNBE19N9754948", stockNum: "S220692", brand: "TOYOTA", marketingSeries: "GR86",…}
    5. dealerCategory: "F"
    6. dealerCd: "37172"
    18. model: {modelCd: "6255", phaseCd: "A", marketingName: "GR86 Premium MT",…}
    21. options: [{optionCd: "59", marketingName: "Quick Charge Cable Package [installed_msrp]",…},…]
    22. price: {baseMsrp: 30300, totalMsrp: 33045, optTotalMsrp: 1720, dph: 1025}
    26. standardOptions: {,…}
    27. stockNum: "S220692"
    29. vin: "JF1ZNBE19N9754948"
Could you check mine? JF1ZNBB19N9755439

·
Registered
4 Posts
What exactly does isPreSold and holdStatus refer to? I've seen conflicting ideas.

Dealer is telling me my 86 will arrive in a couple weeks, here's my API tracker info:

dealerCategory = "A"
holdStatus = "Available"
isPreSold = true

Note: This 86 is already signed for...not just reserved with a deposit

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
72 Posts
What exactly does isPreSold and holdStatus refer to? I've seen conflicting ideas.

Dealer is telling me my 86 will arrive in a couple weeks, here's my API tracker info:

dealerCategory = "A"
holdStatus = "Available"
isPreSold = true

Note: This 86 is already signed for...not just reserved with a deposit
My understanding is this

Hold status: available - Means there is not a dealer hold on the vehicle, either because no one has reserved it or because it is presold

PreSold - Car has been locked in vs just reserved

BUT, huge caveat is that dealers seemingly don't enter the right info many times and so you will see conflicting line items. Like, my car was reserved but didn't show anything relating to it at all. Another person I know had same thing. And there was an A90 owner I helped a few weeks back that had a presold car and didn't show as such, but it did show as a dealer hold lol.

My girlfriend's A90 however shows correctly as being on a dealer hold, reserved with $500 deposit.

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
478 Posts
Been a long wait for you . Hope she shows up soon!
Yeah they called Saturday and told me the car had just showed up. Slightly inconvenient as my current car has not sold yet( OR has no sales tax so trading in is a full 5k loss) and they told me I have 72hrs to purchase it.
Had to ask to have them wait for Thursday even though they are not open on Sunday.

Still excited but less than perfect circumstances.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts