Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 Premium Steel MT
33 Posts
I got the dealer in Hillsboro who'd sell at sticker but said the color I wanted [steel] might be 3-4 months out. I have one from a dealer in Colorado, Premium MT Steel, that's landed but not been processed to F status yet. Look forward to a Greater Portland gathering in the spring.

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
478 Posts
Apparently some people have friends at the Beaverton dealer, as they got 2 more cars in. I didn't get a message again.
They claim I'm on the list but this is getting frustrating.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Apparently some people have friends at the Beaverton dealer, as they got 2 more cars in. I didn't get a message again.
They claim I'm on the list but this is getting frustrating.
Man that sounds frustrating.
Try going in and say hi to your salesperson and text them weekly.
That’s what I did and just ask how their days are going and check in if there’s any updates.
Do you know which colors they got for two new cars?

·
Registered
33 Posts
AFAIK, no one is actually able to order from Toyota and dealers get whatever they get from the factory. Then a dealer deals with pricing etc. however. So I'd be surprised if it's a matter of "friends" so much as good luck with when they go on the list vs when you did. And how much they're willing to pay. Regardless, being proactive with your guy or gal is the move IMO. Not having to put up with this local BS is why I went to Colorado for mine; I'm dealing direct with the owner. Now, I'll admit, I got to him through a friend, so maybe... Good luck and be patient. Despite my good customer service, my car has not been processed yet, probably because of the backup at Long Beach.

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
478 Posts
Halo white and pavement I believe.

Unfortunately it's almost an hr drive with traffic. Not exactly my idea of fun.

The one dealer that is closer is very small so they just haven't gotten cars.

·
Registered
GR86 on allocation
478 Posts
AFAIK, no one is actually able to order from Toyota and dealers get whatever they get from the factory. Then a dealer deals with pricing etc. however. So I'd be surprised if it's a matter of "friends" so much as good luck with when they go on the list vs when you did. And how much they're willing to pay. Regardless, being proactive with your guy or gal is the move IMO. Not having to put up with this local BS is why I went to Colorado for mine; I'm dealing direct with the owner. Now, I'll admit, I got to him through a friend, so maybe... Good luck and be patient. Despite my good customer service, my car has not been processed yet, probably because of the backup at Long Beach.
The list is supposed to be a contact list before putting down a deposit with no apparent order (as in everyone gets a message and whoever can come put down a deposit gets dibs so to speak)

Not upset that people are getting cars and I'm not so much as they aren't doing what they claimed they would. I wanted to put down a deposit

·
Registered
48 Posts
Halo white and pavement I believe.

Unfortunately it's almost an hr drive with traffic. Not exactly my idea of fun.

The one dealer that is closer is very small so they just haven't gotten cars.
I heard they have one Halo on lot but cant sell bc of the QC. My guy told me the owner of Beaverton Toyota actually bought that one so no luck with that.
And from my experience with them, once the status turns G, anyone can come in and put down $1000 deposit to secure their spot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Status?G? I assumed you had to have a Vin assigned to a car in order to track them that way?
Yeah when I first contacted them, a person from internet sales told me there were four allocated and sent me the internet pamphlet of all allocated cars.
Toyota number/detail
As example, and from then, I was just waiting for status to change from A to F.
I said G on my previous reply but I meant F.
And once it changes to F, I received a call from my sales person AND got a text from Beaverton Toyota saying we can come in to put deposit down.
I tired to be there ASAP because I wanted to get neptune blue.
Got there about an hour later I received the message but someone was faster than me to put deposit down on the neptune blue so I had to go with the trueno blue.
Originally had the eta of 2.9-2.14 but delayed because of QC.
That is all of my story to share.
PM me if you have more questions and I can tell you more about who I got help from as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just a heads up, when I was picking up my GR86 this Sunday, the dealer told me they might be getting new allocation in 5 days, but it's not a guarantee. Feel free to call them on Friday or Saturday to see if they got anything. Its Toyota of Bellingham and they aren't doing markups.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seriously asking for a friend.. :LOL: any auto inventory you guys came across without Mark up? Please let me know
Marysville Toyota and Tri Cities Toyota will let you place a refundable deposit for a GR86. They are MSRP dealerships. You will likely have to wait awhile. They told me "6-8 months" and "6 month window". But who really knows. At least I'm in line now 🥳

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seriously asking for a friend.. :LOL: any auto inventory you guys came across without Mark up? Please let me know
When I was looking in the Portland OR area, the AAA program yielded a uncharge of $1800 but Costco's participating dealer in Hillsboro was MSRP with no delivery guarantee. That's why I ended up going with a dealer in Colorado. He may have two automatics in the allotment my MT is in that are not spoken for. Depends how picky your friend is and how hot to trot s/he is. Limited vs Premium, AT vs MT, color are the biggies besides price. I was picky on all.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts