Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2022 GR86 MT Track bRed
8 Posts
I'm not going to lie, I'm probably going with an auto. I don't race or track and this is just going to be my DD with a few simple mods.
There's nothing wrong with that. Get the transmission that will work the best for you and will allow you to enjoy your car the most. While mine is also going to be my DD, it will see some track time and an occasional autocross, hence my MT requirement.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There's nothing wrong with that. Get the transmission that will work the best for you and will allow you to enjoy your car the most. While mine is also going to be my DD, it will see some track time and an occasional autocross, hence my MT requirement.
Yeah, If I were into track I would definitely get a manual as well but just not my think lol.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I will hopefully be picking up my Track bRed manual from Earnhardt Toyota of Mesa next week. I talked to a few dealers in the valley before placing a deposit on that car. Most responses from the other dealers were "why do you want a manual?" Or "what's that? How about a supra instead?" I was fortunate that my search was easy. Granted this was in the middle of December and it definitely would have been more difficult if I had started my search today. I simply gave Earnhardt my top 3 color choices and they called me back the next day saying they found one.
That’s pretty cool you got one so quick. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting awhile.

·
Registered
2022 GR86 MT Track bRed
8 Posts
That’s pretty cool you got one so quick. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting awhile.
Yeah, after reading about all the struggles everyone is currently having finding one I was lucky for sure. I'm sure your wait, however long it might be, will seem worth it when you get to drive off the lot in the spec you want!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, after reading about all the struggles everyone is currently having finding one I was lucky for sure. I'm sure your wait, however long it might be, will seem worth it when you get to drive off the lot in the spec you want!
Right? I'm not getting one just yet but from reading how long it's taking for many, probably won't get one till like 2023 or longer, depending on when I decided to actually order one lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
It looks like the dealership close to me might get 1 or 2 GR86 soon (autos trans) and I'm trying to get a test drive in hopefully!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts