Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I'm struggling badly with a decision, would like to get some votes here. I have a deposit on an Ice Silver Limited BRZ at invoice that landed yesterday. I also have a deposit on a Pavement Grey Premium GR86 at msrp that lands first week of January. Which would you go with? I'm extremely torn...

Dropped some pictures below

·
Registered
Ordered 2022 Ice Silver BRZ Limited manual.
278 Posts
As a buyer of an ice silver BRZ, I am kinda bias.
But the light colors show off the lines so much better. And it has a boxer engine. So who uses boxer engines, subaru or toyota...? Its heart and soul is a subaru. Good luck getting any major work done by a toyota tech. Look at all the cars that blew up after the 1st gen cars had their valve springs replaced under recall. They were all FRS\86 that were poorly worked on by toyota techs.

·
Registered
774 Posts
As a buyer of an ice silver BRZ, I am kinda bias.
But the light colors show off the lines so much better. And it has a boxer engine. So who uses boxer engines, subaru or toyota...? Its heart and soul is a subaru. Good luck getting any major work done by a toyota tech. Look at all the cars that blew up after the 1st gen cars had their valve springs replaced under recall. They were all FRS\86 that were poorly worked on by toyota techs.
It also helps to note which colors Subaru has been promoting the BRZ in a lot lately, Ice Silver is one of them and for very good reasons.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would normally agree with you as I have seen this Ice Silver on other Subaru's. However, on the BRZ with all of its surface detailing, to me the Ice Silver brings these details out the best of all the colors. I will have to see a Grey in person. On the brochure it looks very very dark. I like Rally Blue Pearl as a color as well. Just not on the BRZ.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Would be nice to see them all lined up in natural lighting somehow.
Such a big part of it for me is I want to be easily seen by other drivers cuz everyone's in a taller car hence light colors are my only selection.
I have a 1996 JDM Hilux Surf in a Japanese market only color that is one I'd consider in modern metallic but neither Toyo or Sub are playful like I assume the market still is in Japan?
It definitely gets seen!
Snowing in Seattle so I can't open a door and show its beauty where its not sun bleached. It's like violet purple blue a happy color I've heard it best described Snow Cloud Freezing Atmospheric phenomenon Tree

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would normally agree with you as I have seen this Ice Silver on other Subaru's. However, on the BRZ with all of its surface detailing, to me the Ice Silver brings these details out the best of all the colors. I will have to see a Grey in person. On the brochure it looks very very dark. I like Rally Blue Pearl as a color as well. Just not on the BRZ.
Ice silver definitely does the best job at showing the lines of the car, no doubt. I just associate it with senior drivers ^^

·
Registered
132 Posts
So does this make anyone want to reconsider red?

(By the way, this is Jaguar Caldera Red, which I think is very, very close to our new red. Also, doesn't the F-Type look remarkably like a blend of a BRZ and a GR86 with a bit of Gen-1 nostalgia?)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts