Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going thru the process of buying thru the Costco Members Auto Buying Program but don't have pricing details yet.
Anyone else ordering this way?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes will.
For me its more about factory ordering without the add-ons like protective films door guards and rust prevention stuff.
It does appear that I can get exactly what I want at a bit under MSRP.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's interesting. Ordering through Costco didn't even occur to me. Curious how it goes for you.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm going thru the process of buying thru the Costco Members Auto Buying Program but don't have pricing details yet.
Anyone else ordering this way?
Yeah it’s a awesome program depending on the vehicle, wife currently works there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I looked into it back when I ordered my BRZ (late oct,) but at that point they didn't have it in their system at all. I got MSRP with a promise of no add-ons, so I was happy enough to order straight from the dealer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huh. Well I saw the dealer today and they are not overly friendly cuz they seem unable to apply 2-3K of surcharges that they are getting on purchases.

Supposedly I would get $350 off MSRP but the dealers paperwork was hard to figure out and looks to be inflated at least 1K so I won't report on final pricing, advantages if any till they adjust things I pointed out in an email.

Yeah they were not being very Costco Buyer Friendly for sure.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah they were not being very Costco Buyer Friendly for sure.
Can you reach anyone at Costco to have them follow up with the dealer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes there is a process for that and I discussed it a bit with Costco Program.
I will see if they are friendly in reply to my email to them about honing in on a deal first.

One thing is funny is that there so many staff doing nothing and no cars at the 3 Subaru dealerships I've visited. Seems worse than Toyota where there are much more moving of cars.

I will keep the community posted, I'll go the full process with the dealership and the Costco program.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't even think about looking for a GR86 through Costco until this post! I have the executive membership & figured why not get the most for my money? Tried it for kicks & giggles & it replied:

"Currently, we have not located a dealership in your area that has met our strict pricing criteria for the manufacturer you selected."

I guess my local dealer's markups are just way too high...
Oh well, worth a shot haha!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm in Northern California.
I think that its just way too early for any outside discounts. If the market ever gets saturated with GR86's like it is now with FRS/BRZ/GT86's then the Costco Auto Program will probably come in handy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in Northern California.
I think that its just way too early for any outside discounts. If the market ever gets saturated with GR86's like it is now with FRS/BRZ/GT86's then the Costco Auto Program will probably come in handy
wewe
Yeah well I'm fine with MSRP and no add-ons Port Installed BS but the sharks abound taking it way beyond.
I think I'll arrive at $350 off and zero BS charges somehow.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so I'm looking at $32,008 out the door for a Premium 5spd with no dealer or port installed options off a sell price of $28,600.
Automotive lighting Hood Light Product Car
These numbers are approximate cuz they're taking off a couple other things like door guard strips and floor mats.
We have high taxes and fees here!

Screenshot is what seems to be MSRP and invoice for this vehicle per Costco Auto Website.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sooo tough to figure out what's a good deal or not.
Only reason I'm going with the lesser trim is to avoid the 18" wheels of the GR86. I just cancelled my GR order that is just a week from in hand and likely will go with the stripped down BRZ at this price and likely 5 months out.
Here's a pic of the final proposal with discount $28,605.
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So for whoever may benefit, Post 16 is the best I could do using Costco for a Pre-order and I put a 500.00 deposit on the order.
Here is a pic of what the dealer started with however even after I had curbed some additional add-ons that I don't have an image of.
Notice the 1,295.00 for Prep/Delivery and Sanitize that I feel horrible about having rejected it!
Notice the MSRP change from 29,884 to 28,995; this is by my rejecting all "Port Installed Options" and in my case it would have come with the "Option 2" you would see in the Subaru BRZ Configurator within the Costco Auto app. (Build and the scroll down)
There also a 75.00 charge for Supply-chain Hardship added in the MSRP that cannot be removed.

Anyway, my experience thus far is that you have to study the dealers offer and compare against what the buying app and other sources provide to judge the deal. Here there was a 2K upcharge (though it really no paper trail was like 3.5K) and some if that was from the Port Installed Package Option that some may want but I declined. (Some articles I've read indicate that some of this Port Installed stuff will be from factory anyway and it's mostly all BS that they chuck the factory stuff and install new stuff.)
One last thing is the Costco Program spit out an offer for 50% off $200 of dealer accessories if I give feedback in my experience. But it requires my VIN so its a loss for me being preorder and no VIN.
It will be a long while till I receive the car but I'll report out then and along the way if something interesting presents.
Cheers
Sleeve Collar Font Rectangle Beige
Font Number Parallel Rectangle Document

1 - 17 of 17 Posts