Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow GR86/BRZ enthusiasts,

I recently contacted my local Toyota dealerships in southern California. At this point, they're telling me that GR86 will be in stock within 2-4 months and that in order to waitlist, $500 refundable deposit will be required to be in the waitlist. Once I'm in the waitlist, I'll be notified with the option to pick my own color and spec. I'm trying to trade-in my Toyota CH-R and see which dealer will give me the best financial option. In conclusion, I really want to get the car once it comes out but I'm afraid they'll be out of stock for a while if I do not waitlist right now. What are ya'll opinions or based on your experience, how would ya'll take this situation.

·
Registered
549 Posts

I recently contacted my local Toyota dealerships in southern California. At this point, they're telling me that GR86 will be in stock within 2-4 months and that in order to waitlist, $500 refundable deposit will be required to be in the waitlist. Once I'm in the waitlist, I'll be notified with the option to pick my own color and spec. I'm trying to trade-in my Toyota CH-R and see which dealer will give me the best financial option. In conclusion, I really want to get the car once it comes out but I'm afraid they'll be out of stock for a while if I do not waitlist right now. What are ya'll opinions or based on your experience, how would ya'll take this situation.
If you really want the car just get on the wait list and make sure the deposit is refundable.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Which dealer did you contact? I am also located in SoCal and would be interested in potentially getting on the waitlist.

·
Registered
1 Posts

N

which dealership in SoCal is I’m located in San Diego asks also am trying to get on a waitlist ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
N

which dealership in SoCal is I’m located in San Diego asks also am trying to get on a waitlist ?
Try Toyota of Escondido, Kearney Mesa Toyota or Larry H. Miller. Stay away from Mossy. They’re total dicks. At the beginning of August I called them because I wanted to test drive the Supra they have. They told me it was on hold for a customer. It is still on their website. They were the first dealer to have a Supra, and they marked it up to $100k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not an American, just throwing my two cents here for people in Europe ordering the car. I was at my local dealership today just to get a feel price-wise etc and for them to examine my current car. I was told the msrp for the base model will be 39k €. I was almost floored because I got to expect these will be pretty affordable cars haha

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not an American, just throwing my two cents here for people in Europe ordering the car. I was at my local dealership today just to get a feel price-wise etc and for them to examine my current car. I was told the msrp for the base model will be 39k €. I was almost floored because I got to expect these will be pretty affordable cars haha
My guess would be the EU trying to kill gas cars with taxes/tariffs. ⛽

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want to order mine to my spec and make sure to get on a wait list. But I also would like to see the colors in the flesh. I'm heavily learning towards the Trueno Blue (it pops so much in the sun), but 2nd would be red, white and Pavement Grey (I would need to see in person). Can't make a certain decision without seeing them. I'm want 6 speed manual premium with the extended spoiler, better seats, black wheels and upgraded tires. I want the black painted side mirrors as well. I guess I'll have to call around the Toyota dealerships and start asking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got an update from Longo Toyota. My order for a track bRed Premium with Manual Transmission has been accepted and input into their system.
I also put in my order through Longo Toyota about a month ago. I placed a refundable deposit and waiting for them to reach back to me. Neptune blue in 6MT for me. They said that it would be about a six month wait. I’ve been itching to give them a call about trim level and other options (quick shifter etc) but they said they would contact me as soon as they have more info. How long ago did you place your order?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I also put in my order through Longo Toyota about a month ago. I placed a refundable deposit and waiting for them to reach back to me. Neptune blue in 6MT for me. They said that it would be about a six month wait. I’ve been itching to give them a call about trim level and other options (quick shifter etc) but they said they would contact me as soon as they have more info. How long ago did you place your order?
September 16

1 - 20 of 37 Posts