Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Cam! What about the GR86 stands out to you?
The bugbears I had from the outgoing model have been sorted... wasn't a fan of the stock rear lights and rear in general, awkward digital display in the cluster... and infamous torque dip.

I suppose all we can go off of are numbers and asthetics - the design of the rear is such a big change I say that stands out, love the duckbill spoiler and much prefer the lights, glad they kept the big dual exhausts!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Greetings fellow enthusiasts!

Nobody drives in my family, I've been learning and studying on my own whenever I can. First I want to get the mighty GR86 and hopefully by the time I'm an old shxtbag I can pass it down to my first born like Bunta did with Takumi.

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing so I can clutch kick and heel toe in Manhattan traffic. What a journey it'll be.

I hope we can all share our build process with one another; raise your hand if you can't wait for the Rocket Bunny wide bodykit to drop for this cus I know I can't!

P. S.
N/A GANG !!!
you can't convince me to turbo this beauty of an engine.

(copy paste)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Halo White or Track bRed premium model for me. Manufactured in 2023. I will not buy a car from the first year of production...
Do you at least plan on test driving the first year models?
Considering any other vehicles or set on the 86?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do you at least plan on test driving the first year models?
Considering any other vehicles or set on the 86?
Yes, of course. I also have to see this car live in three color versions: white, red and dark gray.

As I wrote earlier, I took into account the Honda Civic Type-R and, above all, the Hyundai i30N Performance Fastback.

I also like the Mazda Mx-5 very much, but I need a car with four seats.

At the moment, I am convinced that I will buy GR86 in 2023. The future wife accepts the purchase. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
you won't be able to fit a squirrel in the back seats hahaha, does anybody know if they changed the ldimensions of the cabin to accommodate for leg space? In the videos I seen only amputies are allowed back there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you won't be able to fit a squirrel in the back seats hahaha, does anybody know if they changed the ldimensions of the cabin to accommodate for leg space? In the videos I seen only amputies are allowed back there.
Let me disagree with you. The little-year-old will comfortably ride in the back in his car seat. I am short so my seat will not be shifted much back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
YESSS Under 6ft gang or for the Europeans under 2 meters gang. Don't forget to give your kid a helmet for when they're in the backseat whilst you are drifting with that BRAND NEW 2.4 Liter ENGINE

·
Administrator
57 Posts

·
Administrator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm Bill and I'm on the hunt to find a sporty car to drive during the summer months on Vancouver Island. I've recently discovered the GR86 and am really liking it. Looking forward to seeing a halo white Premium one this fall at my local dealership. I'm sure I'm gonna like it but the final test is whether or not it can make it up my steep driveway!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm Bill and I'm on the hunt to find a sporty car to drive during the summer months on Vancouver Island. I've recently discovered the GR86 and am really liking it. Looking forward to seeing a halo white Premium one this fall at my local dealership. I'm sure I'm gonna like it but the final test is whether or not it can make it up my steep driveway!
Welcome to the forum @Billylyle1977

The old 86 was pretty livable, so if it's a steepness issue, it shouldn't be a problem.

How are the roads out on Vancouver Island? I was there as a kid (and once to Victoria in the past few years), so I can't remember much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey @St00k

The roads here on the Island are pretty good. We don't get much snow if any, (just lots of rain) so I could drive the car all year round but my '20 4Runner TRD Pro is my daily driver. The GR86 will be my fun car for the summer months. Can't wait to take one for a rip!

·
Administrator
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Administrator
57 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
28 days late but so far I’ve been enjoying the forums. 86/BRZs are going to be available sooner then we know it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone!

i am Chris and i have always loved driving. I am big fan of the affordable sports car mentality, so for the last past years i've always had an eye on both the 86 and the mx5. Never got one though, but now that i am 30 y.o. and having a decent income I'm really stoked about getting the new gr86. Hopefully it will not cost a fortune in my country (i live in Greece, and sports cars here can be quite expensive, the cheapest supra 2.0L starts from 66.000€).

i currently own a 2015 corolla hatchback, 1.3L 99hp n/a

41 - 60 of 84 Posts