Toyota GR86 Forum - GT86 Forum, Subaru BRZ Forum, Scion ... banner
221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi from Albuquerque, NM!
My wife and I are planning on buying a GR86 or BRZ, whenever she decides on the color. Yep, it's going to be her car, first ever new car. Looking forward to some great road trips in it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very exciting for you and your wife @SteveReve! What convinced you to go with the GR86/BRZ over other cars?
I have a few criteria for this car purchase:
Is the car good for SCCA autocross. This tells a lot about how fun and capable a car is to drive and why we have an E46 330i and have had Mini Coopers, even though we don't use them for autocross.
Is the car affordable. Would have been cool to have a Supra, but $20k more isn't right for us. This Toyobaru is a great car for the money.
Does the car have an automatic. My wife doesn't want a manual transmission car, so a Civic Type R is out.
Is it somewhat practical. Miata is out, due to trunk space.
Ding! We have a winner!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New owner from Canada here. After a long 9 month wait, I have finally received my Halo White GR86 Premium 6 spd, and am loving it. Only downside is that winter is coming very soon. Atleast i get to see how it drifts though 😁

·
Registered
73 Posts
I probably should have posted here when I got my halo base MT back in June after a six-month wait.

Bonita Springs, FL.

The GR86 replaces my Acura RSX Type S which I bought new in ‘06 and drove it for 16 happy years. Hated to see her go, but really happy with the GR.

Looking forward to taking advantage of my free track day at Sebring.

Except for a possible catback (not crazy about the exhaust sound), not looking to do a lot of mods. Though maybe I’ll move up to 18” wheels when tires wear out. It’s really not looking like an intake will do much good so maybe I’ll just remove the apparently unnecessary screening material in the air box. Pretty sure I don’t want to mess with the computer.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts